O11 vs O11 XL for triple 360

Soldato
OP
I would say P12 but it sounds like you're after the RGB. I hear the new Lian Li SL120's aren't bad if you're that way inclined.

I'm fine with totally black fans

And the new Thermaltake tough fan 12 outperform the P12 and are functionally the same as the Noctua A12-25

The new Toughfan 12 is basically a black colored half priced A12-25

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
3 times the cost

Static pressure
P12 2 .2mm
Thermaltake 2. 41mm-

Didn't realise the artic fan was so cheap, it's performance is very surprising for that price - that's the price I'd expect for budget no name fans - very impressive.
However I can't find stock anywhere for it

Associate
EK Vardar EVO? I have 3 in my current system on my rad and I never ever hear them. Can get them in pretty much any colour (black, white or RGB if you are that way inclined), decent static pressure (3.16mm on the 120mm variant) and also shifts a decent amount of air.

Downside? As with most EK things, the price.

Soldato
OP
EK Vardar EVO? I have 3 in my current system on my rad and I never ever hear them. Can get them in pretty much any colour (black, white or RGB if you are that way inclined), decent static pressure (3.16mm on the 120mm variant) and also shifts a decent amount of air.

Downside? As with most EK things, the price.

The Vardar X3M RGB do look quite nice to me, however the EK fans don't review well that's the issue for me.
Yes they have high rpm and high pressure but any review I look at puts EK fans near the bottom for any given RPM in terms of the amount of airflow actually being pushed through a radiator.
Yes you can run them at 2200rpm and get good results, but for example the Noctua A12-25 or Thermaltake Toughfan 12 or Artic P12 can produce the same result at 1500rpm and make 10 decibels less noise.

And then of course its the price, they are priced at the same level as noctua fans, same level as Corsair ML PRO RGB fans, fans that are either better and/or come with fan controllers.

Associate
I'm looking to move in to the XL case after 4 years in a Parvum, we built my lads rig in the non XL and had to mod it to get the 360 in the roof and side, bit of effort but good end result, I want to do 3 x 360 does this rule out the front Distro plate? I'm being lazy I know and I think it probably does? I want a 360 for the 6950x CPU and 2 x 360for the 3090 FE (in case it gets a mete later)

Caporegime
I'm looking to move in to the XL case after 4 years in a Parvum, we built my lads rig in the non XL and had to mod it to get the 360 in the roof and side, bit of effort but good end result, I want to do 3 x 360 does this rule out the front Distro plate? I'm being lazy I know and I think it probably does? I want a 360 for the 6950x CPU and 2 x 360for the 3090 FE (in case it gets a mete later)
Yes if you use the Distro plate it takes up one of the spaces for the radiators leaving you with only two options for 360mm radiators.

Soldato
OP
Yes if you use the Distro plate it takes up one of the spaces for the radiators leaving you with only two options for 360mm radiators.

Saw a build today on reddit, distro plate at the front and 3 x 360mm radiators - so yes it can work but its tight

Associate
Better performance always more rad.
Problem with distro is pretty much restrict you to DDC pumps, which can be good or bad depending on your needs.
The XL would easily accommodate 3 360 rads.
Other "issue" with distro is that they "limit" the way you'll run your loop.
That can be good, following the same direction as everyone else, but can be bad if you want/need to follow a more exotic route.
And even for 3 rads, CPU and GPU, unless they're VERY restrictive the D5 pump is more than enough, while keeping noise acceptable, but you can always go for a dual D5 if needed/wanted.

Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom