O2 Bolt Ons question

Soldato
I am considering buying a phone contract online with O2, but from a reseller rather than O2 directly. It comes with 600 mins and unlimited texts which tells me it automatically comes with the unlimited texts bolt on. You can't change this on any website I've seen - they tell you to contact O2 after you get the phone. I've looked on the O2 website (I've not called them up yet, just hoping someone here might have direct experience) but there's nothing saying how you can change a bolt on. I have to have the unlimited O2 to O2 calls bolt on and don't want to pay an extra £7.50 since I want to change the existing one.

Does anyone know if there's any hassle swapping in these cases? Is there a 'cooling off' period between changing bolts ons?

Soldato
I was in town earlier, stopped in carphone warehouse to ask them that question(tried the o2 shop but would have had to wait ages). the guy told me that after the 1st bill you can change the bolt on to whichever you want.

I'm looking at the Xperia X1 and wanted either unlimited landline or web, the deal on the mobiles.co.uk is unlimited text so was wondering the same thing

Associate
i'm also looking to buy from this website, i'm undecided on handset but it will either be the xperia or the n96. thing is i'm on orange and i dont want to change unless i have to. orange dont do the xperia which is so annoying!!!

also, has anyone seen the upgrade section on this website? it lets you upgrade your handset through the site but for about 20% of the price of going through orange direct. is this correct? how can they offer such good deals? the site seems safe and is part of cwh, but i'm still worried, especially in the current financial conditions.

Soldato
i have a related question:

I have an O2 contract which was renewed about 2 months ago still on a 12month contract (one of the last before they stopped them) can i get the unlimited text bolt on without it renewing the contract from that date?

Associate
yes you can.ive had the unlimited landline bolt on and changed it to texts as well as my unlimited o2 to o2 numbers but the bolt on only kicks in after your next billing date and not from when you add it

Back
Top Bottom