O2 killing off TU Go app!

Soldato
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/TU-Go-is-closing-30th-November/m-p/1079038#M20745

Sadly O2 seems to have decided to kill of the TU Go app which is used for receiving texts and phones calls over wifi, instead they are rolling out wifi and 4g calling, which is all well and good but it's only supported by a limited number of handsets and if you're on Android you'll need to be using O2 firmware for this to work.

For me this is a real shame as I use the app a lot for text messaging as where I work the O2 signal is ok outside but poor indoors and it's very useful for being able to actually send and receive texts. With this decision any one who uses the app for text messaging as I do will be stuck!

Associate
Agreed, it's a shame and I can't see the logic of withdrawing it without a real alternative available. Tu Go has been the differentiator that has made me stay O2 and pay over the odds for a SIM only tariff. Their coverage at home is fairly poor indoors so I'll be one of probably many customers they will lose.

Soldato
Anyone know the real reason? Fraud / hacked off with people using it to dodge roaming / ongoing costs of the app? It was a good differentiator as wonko said - bit odd for them to drop it.

Back
Top Bottom