Obesity and worms...

Caporegime
Thats the issue then, They are doing veg wrong and get fat. Eat soup, Fresh veg and fruit and stop frying and eating treats.

You said there were no fat vegetarians; you were wrong. Exclusionary diets don't free you from considering what it is that you eat. Eating soup, fresh veg and fruit, frying less and eating less snacks will make you healthier whether you also eat meat or not.

And, of course, I have very little idea what my friends are eating when I don't see them. Maybe they chow down on chocolate bats every night or maybe they don't; I don't know. My point is not that they're eating these things but that there is nothing magical about vegetarian diets.

Permabanned
You said there were no fat vegetarians; you were wrong. Exclusionary diets don't free you from considering what it is that you eat. Eating soup, fresh veg and fruit, frying less and eating less snacks will make you healthier whether you also eat meat or not.

And, of course, I have very little idea what my friends are eating when I don't see them. Maybe they chow down on chocolate bats every night or maybe they don't; I don't know. My point is not that they're eating these things but that there is nothing magical about vegetarian diets.

Even chocolate will not make you fat, I ate like 10 dairymilk bars last night and loads of coke, I just shun meat for pure veg and binge on junkfood. And cannot gain weight at all. It is when you have a large meal and chocolate you get fat.

They fool the stomach receptors, You are full but the signal is not being sent and thus you eat more and stretch the stomach. If you keep stretching the stomach im sure it will get harder and harder to feel full too. Thus more fat?

Soldato

Plenty of vitamin deficient vegetarians though. Obviously that isn't good either :D

Permabanned
Plenty of vitamin deficient vegetarians though. Obviously that isn't good either :D

Very few if vegetarian is done right, Some veg things like Hemp Oil ( Hempiness cold pressed) have a massive list of vitamins. Things like omega oils, Iron calcium the list is actually massive on the side of the bottle.

It seems like they list vitamin A - Z from memory.

Soldato
Very few if vegetarian is done right, Some veg things like Hemp Oil ( Hempiness cold pressed) have a massive list of vitamins. Things like omega oils, Iron calcium the list is actually massive on the side of the bottle.

It seems like they list vitamin A - Z from memory.

But then you're just taking supplements (which is expensive).

Soldato
Just think we could be eating fruit where a seed sprouted from animal poop. :D
My dad was a builder and he said you will never ever see better tomato's than those at a sewage farm. Him and his mate were doing some reconstruction on one of them. My dad chose to pass but his mate took bags and bags of em home.

Organic I guess :D

Soldato
Base metabolic rates between humans don’t vary that much, but there do seem to be genetic differences in terms of the body trying to maintain homeostasis to under/over-eating as far as compensatory changes in unconscious physical activity go (which means some people have to be more mindful than others).

As has been also mentioned, people are useless at estimating their own energy intake as well, be that under or overshooting the amount they perceive to be eating and unless you’re a fly on the wall it’s impossible to know how wide of the mark they are (see Secret Eaters etc) as well as how active they are - identical twins could have vastly different energy requirements if one is a postman and the other is a desk jockey.

Soldato
I sometimes think it's the breakfast lunch dinner thing.
Eating regularly when your not hungry in institutionalised intervals makes little sense to me.
I eat when I'm hungry, sometimes I don't eat breakfast, sometimes I don't eat lunch. I am not fat.

Man of Honour
Base metabolic rates between humans don’t vary that much, but there do seem to be genetic differences in terms of the body trying to maintain homeostasis to under/over-eating as far as compensatory changes in unconscious physical activity go (which means some people have to be more mindful than others).

As has been also mentioned, people are useless at estimating their own energy intake as well, be that under or overshooting the amount they perceive to be eating and unless you’re a fly on the wall it’s impossible to know how wide of the mark they are (see Secret Eaters etc) as well as how active they are - identical twins could have vastly different energy requirements if one is a postman and the other is a desk jockey.

I actually work with two other people who are like me - we can literally eat as little or as much as we like and our weight barely changes - one of them literally is scoffing his face all day long at work (I'm talking whole pizza and several bags of crisps as a snack kind of thing) and is way skinnier even than I am. And I'd say all of us are a long way the other way on the scale from autoimmune disease definitely not a factor.

While I do tend to have a fairly active lifestyle I also sit at the computer a lot and there are weeks on end sometimes when my lifestyle can be quite sedentary and any impact on weight is marginal.

The only thing that seems to impact me in that way is white bread which if I eat regularly I get bloated around the stomach region though only slightly put on weight - stop eating that I quickly go back to a flat stomach. (I used to eat the 50/50 stuff to try and avoid that but now had to change to wholemeal which doesn't seem to have that impact).

Associate
I'm led to believe people vary on their ability to digest and remove certain foods. As well as how their body reacts to exercise. So person A only needs 10mins of heavy exercise while B needs an hour.

It makes sense in one regard as people's skin react differently to what food they eat too.

But yeah, eat whole foods, and mix it up too. Quite simple really. Learn about ingredients and how to cook.

Permabanned
I will humor you all. Someone i used to get a lift with to work at 8am sat down and said come in and wait a minute. Then the microwave dinged and out came steak and potatoes. :D

So i sat watching this fatboy eat this at 8am and as soon as i got to work told everyone who made a big lol about it for a while.

Soldato
I will humor you all. Someone i used to get a lift with to work at 8am sat down and said come in and wait a minute. Then the microwave dinged and out came steak and potatoes. :D

So i sat watching this fatboy eat this at 8am and as soon as i got to work told everyone who made a big lol about it for a while.

So someone who was gracious enough to give you a lift into work and invite you into their house you thought it was perfectly fine to make fun of to their colleagues. You sound nice :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom