oblivion npc shadows

Soldato
now, i can run the game at max everything and still get well over 80 fps all the time, indoors and out doors, have max view distance as well, no mods as i just had to reinstall it because i thought i had a problem with it.

but it turns out when i have int. ext. shadows enabled (for npc shadows) it blows my fps down to about 50 ish when there are more than 2 npc's on my display.... this is really odd, as it happened in xp and vista now, im wondering, for my rig, should this really be a problem? if not, then is there a way to stop it?

ags

Associate
I'm not sure if that drop is serious or not, but I remember when tweaking the game there are two element that should typically be removed: Grass shadows and NPC shadows.

I imagine it is normal, Oblivion is a bit of a hog.

Soldato
OP
cheers, bumped the npc shadows down totally, im in it for gameplay, not visuals, so shadows arnt really that important, grass and tree shadows dont affect it what so ever, min fps is 80ish now no matter how many npc's

ags

Soldato
OP
oh aye, i noticed that, but then realised, a game of that proportion on a pc with highest of quality with detailed soft shadows.... tough one to crack, so i put up with it, but with shadows off, you dont get any of that.

ags

Back
Top Bottom