Oblivion questions

Associate
Hi all,

I've just purchased the GOTY version of Oblivion as its about time I got around to trying this one out.

I felt the tutorial lead you through the first few things easily enough, its all quite familiar if you've played RPGs before. Now im outside though I'm left with some serious questions I'd be really grateful for your help with:

• Is there a world map? seriously? all I have is the compass at the bottom of my screen which I havent found that useful unless im already near what im looking for. I constantly find myself wandering around forrests aimlessly!?
  • Where are the quests recorded? I get given quests by various npcs, but are the written anywhere so I can see what im meant to be doing?
  • Is it an option to smash crates/boxes if I have no lockpicks?

I'm sure there was more I cant think of right now, but the first two are definitely the main ones that are holding me back!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Soldato
Once you're on one of your equipment screens, you'll notice there are tabs down the bottom, that cycle through pretty much everything - one of them is a map iirc and the other a quest log.

You can get mods and stuff to make the interface and map look nicer, there's a huge thread in here about it somewhere if you search.

Man of Honour
For the PC the main keys are f1 to f4:

f1: stats
f2: inventory
f3: magic
f4: places and quests.

Each has tabs. From L-R on f4 they are (IIRC) big map (whole world), local map, all quests, open quests, finished quests.

M

Associate
OP
Thanks everyone (bar Aekeron), especially Meridian. I had read the manual, but missed the part on function keys if its in the GOTY edition manual. I'll definitely try this later.

Thanks again

Soldato
don't forget the open lock spells, open easy, hard lock etc takes awile to level up to those though, oh there's also another way but that's a nice suprise and i won't spoil it for you :)

Back
Top Bottom