oblivion, stuck on path of dawn quest

im stuck as stupid baurus has broken and now wont go to the sewers with me.

it happened when i first spoke with him and had to follow him into the basement just after the assasin did, but as he went rthrough the door it says baurus is unconsious, i go through door, there he is but unable to move, speak or die, so i kill bad guy, talk and get next part of quest to do, go back to him, says follow me to the sewers but he can't move still.

done a google showing no results though sure this must have happened to people before?

i tired just looking at the gravestone but didn't work so this has to be fixed.

any suggestions?

Soldato
OP
I'm stuck too on a bug ,the game seems rather buggy the best thing to do is go to a previous save and try again !
just tried that and thought i had fixed the problem, i went back and rather then letting the guy attack baurus i just stole the book from the guy and killed him first keeping baurus still alive. trouble was as i go back to him to go the the sewers once again he is screwed up but now atleast his mouth moves and i when i wentinto the first part of the sewers he spawned rthere but anything further he doesn't budge.

maybe using console to give me book 4 is the only solution if one at all

Soldato
OP
This is why you always have multiple saves...

Have you tried attacking Baurus yourself?

M

yep tried that, he would jsut go unconsicious and come back exactly the same.

invented a fix for it luckily, i went back before he went unconsiouic for the first time and changed his level to 100 so that he was really strong and didn't die. seemed to work and he wasn't super strong.

I wish the game would create a new quicksave when iquick save rather then just create and replace one.

Soldato
Install the TES Construction kit and there should be a button to recalculate all the code in there somewhere. Been ages since I've done this so maybe someone else could walk you through it but this definately helped fix any bugs I came across in the game so hopefully should help you. I think you can download the TESCC from the TES site.

Back
Top Bottom