OC Build Service

Associate
Looking for a low (but not basement) budget gaming PC and I want to specify all my own components. The snag is I don't want to self-build (I know it's not hard and I can get more performance cheaper, but I have my reasons). Posts in other forums here imply that OC will build from a basket of components (for a fee) and not just configurator. Is this the case? Is there a price guide? I can't see anything related on the site.
Thanks.

Soldato
Looking for a low (but not basement) budget gaming PC and I want to specify all my own components. The snag is I don't want to self-build (I know it's not hard and I can get more performance cheaper, but I have my reasons). Posts in other forums here imply that OC will build from a basket of components (for a fee) and not just configurator. Is this the case? Is there a price guide? I can't see anything related on the site.
Thanks.

whats your budget ?

as above, you can link this thread to CS section for Pre-sales and they'll give you a price on building it together etc. can have it built without windows as well

Associate
OP
Budget’s about £850, without W10 and I’m only interested in 1080p performance.

I have posted in CS thanks. That forum didn’t appear until I signed up but now I know it’s there!

Firefly Essential looks reasonable but I think I can make do with a 1660ti/super. I also can’t specify my preferred PSU. Would add more RAM and bigger SSD. They can be amended but I’d also rather choose a SsD that is not available to choose.

I COULD have it all wrong. Haven’t had a new desktop PC in a long time.

Soldato
Budget’s about £850, without W10 and I’m only interested in 1080p performance.

I have posted in CS thanks. That forum didn’t appear until I signed up but now I know it’s there!

Firefly Essential looks reasonable but I think I can make do with a 1660ti/super. I also can’t specify my preferred PSU. Would add more RAM and bigger SSD. They can be amended but I’d also rather choose a SsD that is not available to choose.

I COULD have it all wrong. Haven’t had a new desktop PC in a long time.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
  • 1 x OcUK Gaming Enigma Essential - Ryzen 5 2600, GeForce GTX 1660 Super = £758.99
    • Solid State Drive:TeamGroup 500GB Vulcan SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 3D NAND Solid State Drive
    • Memory:Team Group Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey (TLGD416G30
    • Graphics Card:*Build Stock* Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6144MB GDDR6 Graphics Card
    • Operating System:Microsoft Windows 10 Home Advanced - Systems
    • Security Software:**Special Offer** Bullguard Internet Security - Anti-Virus and Security - 1 Year 3 PC
    • Case:Kolink Citadel Micro-ATX Case - Black
    • Processor:AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core/Twelve Thread - Tray

Associate
OP
Thank you for the suggestions and your efforts.
I think I have seen you recommend mATX cases elsewhere. Do you have a preference for them?
I’m sure I’ve seen someone recommend Intel specifically for 1080p-targeted builds but I don’t know why. Do you consider the Ruben just as good?

Soldato
Thank you for the suggestions and your efforts.
I think I have seen you recommend mATX cases elsewhere. Do you have a preference for them?
I’m sure I’ve seen someone recommend Intel specifically for 1080p-targeted builds but I don’t know why. Do you consider the Ruben just as good?

price wise + un-restrictive airflow is hard to beat with other mATX cases . then add glass and 3 fans , two of which are basic RGB

intel leads at 1080p but thats when you are powering a 240hz 1080p Gaming monitor where 2080 super or 2080ti is used and Ryzen would be limiting max and min frame rates .

esports still based on Intel - unlikely to change unless Zen3 can match at 1080p gaming

Soldato
Thanks for the explanations. I really appreciate it.

AMD has really hammered down on Intel. might of noticed over 2 years they have increase core count by double and reducing pricing . They can still hold onto the gaming crown... at a price but with Developers spending more time coding for more cores or more eff over more cores- leads AMD to equal playing field .

Associate
Thanks.

This is what I've done basically

Put the parts together then contacted CS for a quote with them building it for me.

All ordered now, just waiting for it to arrive :)

Soldato
This - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-make-a-mistake.18874887/page-2#post-33268084 :)

Ordered on 30th December but don't have it yet, hopefully by the end of this week. Just trying to find a 27" monitor to complement it now

nice. surprised with the case though as quite an old design !

high end 1440p 27" with G-sync/Fressync and link into aorus RGB

Total: £486.05 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

believe their is a cheaper brand that use the panel but haven't heard of them personally - @tamzzy has mentioned the brand :)

oh.. just spotted this ! If you dont mind curved !

Total: £421.09 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

Associate
nice. surprised with the case though as quite an old design !

I wasn't really sure what to get and saw this recommended for air cooling and stuff so hopefully it's okay, bit late now if it isn't!

As for monitor I had been discussing it here - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/27-144hz-1440p-suggestions.18874541/page-4#post-33282066

The ones above are a bit more expensive. I'm going to have 2 screens either side my main 27" (2 x Dell 24") - so I think I'd prefer non-curved. It's not just for gaming but also photoshop and video editing (albeit basic)

Soldato
more expensive , Nano tech but lower range of Frame Sync support . everything has pros and cons - until Micro LEDs are out but then that would be cost !

nice rea dup on Nano IPS screens - takes away the Nano marketing and lays down the technical side - I.E LIGHT Absorbing Filters

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/3...uld-know-about-nano-ips-quantum-dot-and-fald/

funny how it mentions Samsung QDot system as a cost saving means but they market it £££££ +

if they still havent built it. would change the case personally !

specially now with cases roughly same price with USB C ports at the front or glass which doesn't scratch as easily like plastic side panels

Associate

Looks quite good.

One thing I'm noticing is you have to be quick! The Gigabyte I'd found has already gone back up in price.

When you convert to euro that Pixio is going to be similar price to getting the LG 83A. At that point should I just get buying the LG over with?

Just annoying to pay 480 euro, when I've seen people say they've gotten it for £320 before

Back
Top Bottom