October 23rd Media Event

Associate
I bought mine on the 1st October :/ and as i don't really use it, was more for the missus, who's not 1 bit arsed, is it worth it trying to get the free replacement?

Permabanned
Is anyone else strangely really tempted to get the iPad mini?

I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad 3 which is only really used by my girlfriend as I use my MBP mostly when at home, but don't know what it is about the iPad mini that is so appealing to me, I know it will be a waste of £269 but looks so cool! lol someone please knock some sense into me

I'm getting one going to pick it up on the day they come out. :D

Caporegime
LOL I have only just realised they announced an iPad 4 - wondered why people with their new 3s were a little annoyed at the release of the mini :o

Associate
Dunno why people get annoyed at all. Someone releases a product and you choose it because it does what it does for the price it does.

Unless you want bragging rights/resale value (which is never going to happen in the tech industry) you are always going to have an obsolete piece of hardware soon after.

Caporegime
Yes haven't Apple broken and shortened their refresh cycle, 8 months isn't much and will there not be another in spring. If the comments above are to believed it sounds like the yet to be released AAA titles won't run well on the 3.

Associate
Is anyone else strangely really tempted to get the iPad mini?

I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad 3 which is only really used by my girlfriend as I use my MBP mostly when at home, but don't know what it is about the iPad mini that is so appealing to me, I know it will be a waste of £269 but looks so cool! lol someone please knock some sense into me

Yeah I'm thinking the same! Not having much luck trying to justify it though...

Soldato
Why is everyone forgetting that Apple usually update the Macbooks which cost many times the price of an iPad twice a year? New parts become available so they get a refresh.
A refreshed iPad had been rumoured for months, and now it has happened. A new connector to bring it into line with the rest of the range and the new CPU which was available to them.

Associate
When will the new iPad be in the shops? Was getting one of my boys an iPad 3 for Christmas so this update is a nice bonus My eldest (18) wants a nexus 7 and still wants one even though the iPad has had a big speed boost :confused:

Associate
Would you all order the iPad mini on Friday if you want it for Christmas? I'm just worried that it will sell out and be difficult to get again before Christmas or do you think this isn't likely to happen?

Back
Top Bottom