Octopus Power Ups and Free Energy Sessions

New launch by Octopus

If you sign up and your area is included you may get some free Leccy.
Its when your local DNO has excess renewables in your mix.

Right now its just the "East" but you can follow the link and if your not eligible you can show your support.
(link for this is let us know if its not your area)

Suggest we use this thread much like the savings sessions ones to communicate as much as we can when they are announced etc.

They do say most likely to be in the summer.

Launches fully later this month (August)

Link https://octopus.energy/power-ups/

Last edited:
Yep, I got this. I'm in one of the eligible areas. Not sure how useful it'll be at the moment, but would be handy over winter to top all the batteries up / clean the ovens.

Last edited:
Yep, I got this. I'm in one of the eligible areas. Not sure how useful it'll be at the moment, but would be handy over winter to top all the batteries up / clean the ovens.

I suspect they are going to be at odd times.
Its going to need high generation and low usage.
So mid day summer days, and maybe times like weekends. Plus maybe properly off peak on winter windy days.

I am not sure of exactly what mix and area it covers.
That (proposed) new solar farm not too far away now looks a little more appealing. (I didn't have issues with it anyway, specifically, but its massive and would I am sure help create a local over supply)

Boom. Drained the battery down to 20% charging the car. Now 2 free hours charging it back up plus another two hours into the car.

What a weird promotion. Makes even less sense than the saving sessions over the winter.

Got everything set for today. Washing machine, tumble drier, house battery discharged into car already ready to recharge, spare capacity in the car, dish washer - all set ready to go.

I've delayed cooking lunch as well. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom