Octordle

Soldato
That makes sense, I have a ridiculous number of 60's and the first thing I normally do is input my three starter words - I need to rethink my strategy
Yeah I'm thinking of reviewing my strategy a bit too. Problem is, I'm not yet sure what would be best way to improve :cry:

Typically I play the same as you, but after my 2nd guess I look and see if there's anything where I'm maybe only missing one letter. If I think there's not many options for what it could be, then I'll maybe take a punt. Often this gets me one or two answers like today, but then I still play my normal '3rd starter', just a bit out of turn (unless I used one or more of the letters in one of the words I already guessed at).

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah I'm thinking of reviewing my strategy a bit too. Problem is, I'm not yet sure what would be best way to improve :cry:
I have 2 words I start with that have no letters in common and use 4 of the 5 vowels. That usually gives me enough to have a good stab at a right answer on the 3rd go.

Daily Octordle #425
8️⃣11
6️⃣4️⃣
103️⃣
5️⃣9️⃣
Score: 56

Last edited:
Soldato
I have 2 words I start with that have no letters in common and use 4 of the 5 vowels. That usually gives me enough to have a good stab at a right answer on the 3rd go.
Sounds similar to my approach, just I often seem to have lots of combinations left after first 2 guesses, even on grids where I've maybe identified 4 of the letters.

Maybe I just need a little refinement, rather than major overhaul.

Soldato
Well that went to the wire, including a 50/50 for top left at the end.

I had to decide if I felt manly or lanky and I chose right :cry:

Daily Octordle #429
135️⃣
6️⃣10
3️⃣7️⃣

Score: 67

Back
Top Bottom