OcUK Beers of the World Mk2 Weekly Results - Round L -

Soldato
I was under the impression it was the theme of the rules over this comp that if its not directly saying lite/light as an advertisement then it's not in, so alight isn't in as its a different word and juplier isn't in because it doesn't specify light (sadly as I do understand your technicality and this round would have been better as light being lite/light/under 4% bit that's a bit of hindsight)

Shame as its technically a good entry (if a god awful beer)

I agree.

Soldato
Just to add in my defence I did ask the question and mentioned it in the main thread that it only kind of does say light (Its Alight being a play on it's A Light Beer) but that it was classed as a lighter version of another beer, and got told it should be fine.

It kind of does, although it is also classed as a lighter version of their normal beer so hopefully it'll be ok :)

Sounds perfectly fine then mate :)

If not then at least there's plenty of weeks left :)

Soldato
I like Coors Light. :(:p

Find it fine for a refreshing beverage. :D

Shame it was so popular this week but I just went with what I had in the fridge! I'm with pingwing on the rules.

Soldato
Pleased I got my 4 points this week as this was quite hard to source locally so ended up buying direct(first online purchase for this comp) and after some negotiating. :)

Not a great beer much prefer Bath Ales Gem.

Caporegime
OP
Just to add in my defence I did ask the question and mentioned it in the main thread that it only kind of does say light (Its Alight being a play on it's A Light Beer) but that it was classed as a lighter version of another beer, and got told it should be fine.

If not then at least there's plenty of weeks left :)

Naughty naughty. If you're gonna quote then make sure you include everything Marv. Like the first part ;)

:confused: you been drinking again....

Yes received, cheers mate :)

Light/Lite as long as it has it on label or can :)

8 Entries for 'K' so far :)

So far 3 votes to 1 in favour of No points. I'll give it till lunchtime.

Last edited:
Associate
Marvt74: Yes, Mikkeller It's Alight Ale being a play on A light is very clever imo
Sonea_Fifer: sorry mate unless i see light on back label its a no :(

Last edited:
Associate
Was a choice between Becks Light and Bud Light for my safe choices, 3 points, can't complain! Now this is done I am curious. Would Adnams Lighthouse or Old Jamaica Ginger Beer Light been valid entries?

Old Jamaica Ginger Beer Light i would say 100% yes to that- can i get it in super market sounds lush..........
Adnams Lighthouse not so much not in the style of light beer... so i'd said no
but 3 points is good be happy :)

Caporegime
OP
Still a long way to go and with the scrabble round to come there is plenty of chance to catch up :)

Scrabble round! Let's cast our minds back to a certain awesome display from Mr.Ahleckz, 7 rounds in and all with Max points... then 'H' and he had none, dropped to third. A lot can happen in a week Mr.Mike306 ;)

Back
Top Bottom