OcUK Beers of the World Weekly Results - France

Caporegime
Ok this week we arrive in France and to be fair the turn out wasn't great, a bit like the beer selection ;) Though I must admit I am very surprised at there only being one matching pair! Also this week we have once again had some rule breakers... ie. no OcUK showing either in the form of the forums or even written on a piece of paper, I have therefore decided this will be the last week anything slides through. No OcUK showing as mentioned and points will drop, it's only fair on others who make the effort week in and week out, so everyone consider themselves informed :) Right now the fun part, the results....

• DirtyJester - French Premium Lager (The Co-Op) - Gets 3 points
  • aceface57 - Pelforth Brune - Gets 3 points
  • Mrs_Seakitchen - No Entry
  • PapaLazaru - Desperados - Gets 3 points
  • GhostlyPea - No Entry
  • seabiscuit - No Entry
  • Kanifee - Bellerose Blonde - Gets 1 point
  • pieplough - Saint-Omer - Gets 3 points
  • Ahleckz - Lowenstein - Gets 3 points
  • ~Divine~Wind~ - Saint Eloi - Gets 3 points
  • Belmit - La Choulette Brune - Gets 3 points
  • p1RATE - No Entry
  • Spuj1988 - No Entry
  • Kilkus - No Entry
  • pingwing - Vivat Blonde - Gets 3 points
  • silent - Jenlain Blonde - Gets 3 points
  • Mike306 - No Entry
  • manveruppd - No Entry
  • Jokester - La Choulette Blonde - Gets 3 points
  • Maccapacca - Gavroche Fermentation Haute - Gets 3 points
  • DcD - No Entry
  • Hank_Marvin - Kronenbourg 1664 - Gets 3 points
  • Tican - No Entry
  • ots3go - Bourganel au meil de Chataignier - Gets 3 points
  • Strang3r - Bellerose Blonde - Gets 1 point
  • Russinating - No Entry

Bar Stool Fallers (Zero Points)
  • Going_to_Cali - 0
  • Clov!s - 0
  • Jolteh - 0
  • opstrat - 0
  • CANNONBALL - 0
  • nydryl - 0

Taxi Home (Withdrawn)
  • Gilly
  • Judgeneo
  • Marvt74
  • satchef1

Dirtyjester - French Premium Lager (The Co-Op)
dirtyjesterfrance.jpg

aceface57 - Pelforth Brune
aceface57france.jpg

Ahleckz - Lowenstein
ahleckzfrance.jpg

~Divine~Wind~ - Saint Eloi (clearly stated in email)
divinewindfrance.jpg

Hank_Marvin - Kronenbourg 1664
hankmarvinfrance.jpg

Kanifee - Bellerose Blonde
kanifeefrance.jpg

Maccapacca - Gavroche Fermentation Haute
maccapaccafrance.jpg

PapaLazaru - Desperados
papalazarufrance.jpg

pieplough - Saint-Omer
pieploughfrance.jpg

pingwing - Vivat Blonde
pingwingfrance.jpg

Belmit - La Choulette Brune
belmitfrance.jpg

Jokester - La Choulette Blonde
jokesterfrance.jpg

Silent - Jenlain Blonde
silentfrance.jpg

ots3go - Bourganel au meil de Chataignier
ots3gofrance.png

Strang3r - Bellerose Blonde
strang3rfrance.png

Thanks again for your patience with the weekly results delay and I'm afraid the same will apply next week too.

Next week is Germany

Caporegime
OP
I thought me and Kanifee would end up with the same choice, there were two obscure French beers at our shop so there was a fifty percent chance.

Oh well thats how it goes sometimes mate. I actually picked up a bottle of Desperados (still have it in fridge) but decided against it as I thought I stood a better chance with the Co-Op special beer :) I honestly thought loads of people would have played Desperados!

Caporegime
OP
I am a bit ashamed to have entered Desperados, but glad it is a three pointer.

Hardest week by far but yet again, the most obvious of obvious choices (1664) gets three points again.

Re the rule thing, can I just write OcUK on my piece of card? I am getting quite attached to it and want to keep it till the end.

Yes that's fine mate :) Cheers

Caporegime
OP
Book marking that in case something I like can be found there!

The draft lighter version was pretty nice (Limoge airport had a bar serving it which helped a bit) but the darker bottled version really didn't go down so well last Christmas.

At least we all learnt about French beer for the future...

...and keep it in mind next time 'F' comes up ;)

Caporegime
OP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fischer_Brewery

Found out it was during my research online and took a punt. Just could not source anything better after I spent me entire efforts trying to get hold of Mutzig Old Lager.

Chill your knickers.... I knew it was French thanks to maccapacca, well before it came up. That said, your bottle did show 'Europe' unlike mine ;) which clearly shows France :D

It's French! The 3 are in the bag, just don't cough. Nurse!

Caporegime
OP
Desperados is French?!?

I went into my local Oddbins, Coop and "world beers bar" and none of them had anything French other than Stella and Desperados (which I didn't realise was French else I'd have bought it).

Was working all day Saturday so had no chance to search elsewhere :(

Unlucky mate, that said always great to see a newbie and one that makes an effort, ... well Germany next week.

Caporegime
OP
Lol I do have a standard photo as per other weeks but on review it was a bit close to the mark(nips) lol, so had to reshoot after I went out.

I suspect normal service will resume next week, it is germany afterall so busty bravarian shots perhaps, I'm sure everyone will join in.

Wouldn't have been the first (not from yourself I might add) pic I've had to edit .... hence the smilie face lines early in compo.

Email in trust, it might be acceptable to post, but obviously I would need to check first.

Yes Hank that's fine :D Though don't forget the OcUK!!!!

Jokester absolutely not that would be tantamount to cheating! ;)

PS: any moob shots will have points deducted!

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I AM POSSIBLY THE MOST STUPID USELESS PERSON EVER!

First of all massive apologies DJ, completely forgot to email you that I wouldn't be able to get an entry in as I was on a stag doo all weekend and didn't have anything sorted before Friday.

The reason for the first line? I was drinking Desperados all weekend! I knew it was french but it never clicked.

Don't worry matey it's only a few points dropped :) Now as for the Desperados ..... eeeewwww no nooo!

Remember all.... Entries can be posted in during the week (anytime after the 8pm closing point from previous entry), well in advance and you can send multiple weeks as long as post in the main thread to say you're going to. Oh and always remember to send each week as a seperate clearly marked (ie. country being entered) email. Hope this helps everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom