OCUK Bug fans, could you tell me what this is please?

Soldato
I was looking around my room today with an eye for redecoration, and tucked away under the wooden things the curtain rails are attached to is this scary looking structure:
wtfisthat.jpg

I've been googling around trying to play insect through the keyhole (just what lives in a house like this) and I'm stumped. People on IRC said it looked like a wasps nest, but it doesn't look like paper to me, nor does it look like any of the wasps nests on google. It looks like some kind of excreted stuff that's hardened, almost like a termite mound thing. I'm loathe to touch it in case some kind of alien vampire zombie insect jumps out and eats my brain, so some reassurance as to what it is would go a long way.

Over to you guys. :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, I knew I could count on you to identify it. I've only lived here a month, so It was probably abandoned before I moved in, I've certainly never noticed any crazy looking mud wasps flying around.

I'll give it a poke with a stick later on, see if anything happens. I don't think they have anything similar to the council pest control guys you would get back in England out here, and I'll be damned if I'm calling out professional exterminators for a probably empty wasps nest. :)

Back
Top Bottom