** OCuK Christmas Haul Thread 2015 **

Man of Honour
Sparco Helmet
£25 Gift Voucher and £20 Cash
Wallet
Obligatory smellies
4 Blurays
and some clothes

Nice little lot, agreed with the other half we'd keep gifts to low key this year as we're saving for a house deposit ready to buy mid next year

Associate
I got very nice presents this year, I was most surprised.

Pikmin 2
Lovely scarf
Watch (I chose it so love it)
Few books
Moomin calendar
Usual socks and leggings
And some money which will go towards a mixer.

I am so happy because I got no chocolate at all! I have had enough of the stuff due to the amount we had in the office.

Man of Honour
I got a pretty good haul this year - the highlight being some Bose sound link 2 speakers - they are tiny but everyone agreed they sounded really, really good - and the battery is crazy good too. On 90% after close to two hours play!! Frankly I'm stunned.

Soldato
Mrs got me-

A lovely new winter hoodie for smoking in, as the zip has broken on my old favourite one

A star wars tshirt that I really like, had I managed to find it I would have bought it myself!

A couple of bottles of nice real ale from a local brewery, complete with a 6 bottle bag for life which is great as she has twigged that I always buy 6 bottles of real ale on my weekly shop(!) and a packet of amazing beer crisps to boot.

Plus a £10 steam voucher to spend, think I'll save that until I see something I really want.

Overall, considering when she asked I said 'don't get me anything, I dont need anything' she's pulled an absolute blinder. Everything she has got me had a lot of thought put into it and I'll actually use and appreciate all of it rather than just random gifts!

Man of Honour
christmas2015.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
ZxnmiNz.jpg

and some 18650 cells which are not in the above photo :)

We spent all night playing Exploding Kittens, I'm not normally a card game fan, but this is great. I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Incredible haul this year..... :p

A book which I've already re-gifted
1KG of Haribo which I've already re-gifted
A Ted Baker wash kit
A bottle of mediocre cider (flavoured Bulmers)

However there was one major redeeming factor. I was given my late Grandads Ronson lighter which he always used to carry for his pipe. It was wrapped and the tag written by him before he passed away 9 months ago. He was going to give it to me for my Birthday but never got a chance... My Nan found it and gave it to me on his behalf for Christmas. I nearly cried. :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Pack of 6 stick on moustaches
Can of compressed air to clean my keyboard :eek:
Stem ginger biscuits
Blueberry and Bourbon + Lime and Mojito jams
6 bottles of rather nice Australian red wine

Mrs is asleep, in-laws have gone...................Priceless :D

Soldato
However there was one major redeeming factor. I was given my late Grandads Ronson lighter which he always used to carry for his pipe. It was wrapped and the tag written by him before he passed away 9 months ago. He was going to give it to me for my Birthday but never got a chance... My Nan found it and gave it to me on his behalf for Christmas. I nearly cried. :(

Damn thats a nice sentiment/keepsake, them feels tho :(

Man of Honour

What a wonderful gift :)

Caporegime
Damn thats a nice sentiment/keepsake, them feels tho :(

What a wonderful gift :)

It is! I need to put some fluid in it and see if it works OK, at the moment it only sparks.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it as I don't smoke myself. I might just place it on my desk, or carry it for luck, but if I did the latter I'd be worried of losing it...

It was a strange start to the day. I gave my Nan the first Christmas card addressed only to her, and she gave me Grandads lighter, and we were both sitting there sobbing... :rolleyes: :(

Last edited:
Soldato
2x jack Daniels
2x southern comfort
Lambretta Harrington jacket
Levi 501
Breaking bad, only fools and horses boxsets
4 lynx sets that will be used as presents next year or for birthdays.

Get a few more bits when see rest of the family today.

Soldato
Disgustingly spoiled this Christmas and I thought you were supposed to get less when you got old. Still more to come from other relatives today (her family always spoil me too).

zFgjzTev

We also got a lot of money which we have both put aside for a holiday.

Back
Top Bottom