• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**** OcUK Crysis Warhead Top-List ****

Soldato
:( my top single card dual core didn't last long i see... i've never ever had a really good clocking gfx card.

Pity crysis doesnt really care much for the cpu.

Soldato
Could someone with a quad core do me a quick favour please? Start Task Manager logging your CPU usage @ 800 x 600 or similar and play some Warhead.. set the graph to one graph for all cores (Rather than 4 split ones) and post the result? Cheers :)

Soldato
There you go, don't know if its exactly what your after.

57767449wx1.jpg

Soldato
Cheers mate, that's exactly what i'm after.

CrysisMem.jpg

Warhead doesn't look much improved to Crysis with regards to multi core usage then. I might try running some benchmarks with 2 of my cores disabled vs 4 at various clockspeeds. I'm still intruiged how something could be CPU bottlenecked without using all the CPU's power.

Associate
:( my top single card dual core didn't last long i see... i've never ever had a really good clocking gfx card.

Pity crysis doesnt really care much for the cpu.

Crysis WH doesn't seem to improve with lots of cpu or gpu power tbh. The difference between stock 280 and a madly overclocked one isn't much at all, the same with the cpu.

Associate
ive submitted mine now with a less overclock than whats in my sig and - one gtx 280 because it blew up lol, but currently looking at the grid i has the highest score so far, just not updated on the forum yet.

Soldato
Is that 65 frames on Enthusiast only with 2 GTX 280's? !

In that case it -must- scale well with CPU, assuming you have the GPU power in the first place.

Caporegime
Starting to wonder about this as a benchmark. The runthroughs of this are simply not consistant, things happen in the first runthrough that dont happen in 2&3 which skew the numbers, runthrough 1 has a helicoptor flying by, it has more explosions and it has a rockfall incorperating physics. 2&3 don't have this, to me going from 2-3 the last one seems slightly darker as well.

Associate
yes thats only with 2 of them, still waiting for the replacement for the other one. also only got my qx9650 on air just now cause one of my pumps decided to pack in.

Soldato
Starting to wonder about this as a benchmark. The runthroughs of this are simply not consistant, things happen in the first runthrough that dont happen in 2&3 which skew the numbers, runthrough 1 has a helicoptor flying by, it has more explosions and it has a rockfall incorperating physics. 2&3 don't have this, to me going from 2-3 the last one seems slightly darker as well.

Doesn't really matter what happens in each individual test.. Aslong as it averages the score at the end, and it's the same test being ran on everyone elses machine.

Back
Top Bottom