• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

-== OcUK Extreme GeForce GTX 280 Amazing Deal! ==-

Soldato
The very last chance to get a super priced Nvidia GTX 280, these offer stunning value for money and near GTX 285 performance! We have a large quantity of cards from all the major partners and it is lucky dip on which brand you will get, there are even heavily overclocked cards thrown in to spice things up!

This really is all that is left with a few from each brand and series, you will have to be quick as if they sell at the same speed they previously did these will not be around for long.

OcUK Extreme GeForce GTX 280 1024MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail

GX-143-LT_400.jpg

Get pulled deeper into the gaming experience than ever before with next generation NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 GPU. GeForce GTX 280 make games including Unreal Tournament 3, Assassin’s Creed, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky - feel like the real thing. High definition worlds crackle and hum with cinema-quality clarity. Lifelike characters behave with such realistic intensity that your palms sweat and your heart races. Objects react to the forces of nature exactly as nature intended. And with 50% better performance than previous generation graphics processors, you get it all...No lag. No dropped frames. No compromises. Beyond the field of play, the GeForce GTX 280 GPU seamlessly shifts intense processing tasks from the CPU to the GPU. Dive into the latest Blu-ray movie, run the Folding@home protein folding application to help cure diseases, browse your favourite web sites in 3D with PicLens, or transcode video to a personal video player up to 7X faster than the CPU.

- Bus Type: PCI Express 2.0 (Backwards compatible with PCI Express)
- Memory: 1GB (1024MB) GDDR3
- Core Clock: 602MHz
- Shader Clock: 1296MHz
- Memory Data Rate: 2214MHz
- Processor Cores: 240
- Shader Model: 4.0
- Texture Fill Rate: 49.2 Billion/sec.
- Memory Interface: 512-bit
- Memory Bandwidth: 141.7GB/sec.
- API Support: Microsoft DirectX 10 and lower, OpenGL 2.1 and lower for Microsoft Windows
- Display Connectors: 2 Dual-Link DVI-I, HDTV + TV Out
- RAMDACs: Dual 400MHz
- HDCP Capable
- HDMI Capable
- 2-Way & 3-Way NVIDIA SLi Support
- Card Dimensions: 266.7mm x 95.3mm x 38.1mm
- Warranty: 2 Year

Price: £189.99+VAT (£218.49 inc VAT)

BUY NOW!!

Enjoy :D

Is it worth me upgrading to one of these? Currently I have two 8800GTS 512 SLI'd.

I have a 28" monitor and game at 1920x1200 and 1680x1050.

It probably would not be worth it in all games, in non SLI enabled games it will be a massive approvement but if the game is SLI enabled it will probably be similar in game performance levels.

Up to you, they will all sell fast though so I suggest attacking the review sites as soon as possible!

Is it luck of draw for the overclocked ones, or do early birds get them first?

The stock is mixed on the shelves and is completely random.

We have cards bundled with games, without games, with overclocks, without overclocks, with mad overclocks, with special boxes and we cannot guarantee who gets what. :p

If someone orders multiple cards we will try to match clock speeds when it comes to shipping.

Argh. I can't access the site, I have to use a proxy just to access the forums..dont want to submit credit details through a proxy and last time I phoned up an order I was told that forum free shipping is only through internet orders!

Add me to MSN: [email protected] and I will call you to take an order if you need a hand. :)

Can do the shipping for you over the phone also.

Would this give me a good boost over my current BFG 8800 GTS 512mb OC?

Yes. :p

Looking forward to reading this thread tomorrow, when people get there cards, no doubt some will moan and some be over the moon with there superclocked cards :D

Think of it as being happy with a good card or a bit extra. Its a stunning price for a stock OEM card yet alone a retail boxed. ;)

Ah what the hell...just bought..fed up with ATI.
Anyone know what make these are?

Yewen....whats the chances of getting it delivered tomorow without paying the £15 for Sat delivery? Order number OC734934.

Cheers

You could end up with EVGA, BFG, Zotac, Asus, Gigabyte, Gainward... :D

Its on a Monday to Friday service so it is highly unlikely that DHL will attempt this.

Yewen I hate you!

Just saw it there and clicked buy right away! :D

Done!

Not gonna be a bad upgrade from a 9800GTX ;)

Now could I be cheeky and suggest you could look at my order OC734944 and pick me out a lovely EVGA one? ;):D

Not quite an EVGA... :)

Guys it really is luck of the draw on what you get, have so many of these coming through that there is no way of guaranteeing what you get.

Ok purchase gettin made hope its worth the gamble from my 4870 :)

Ill chuck it on MM for a crackin price so anyone lookin somethin like this keep your eye out for a bargain.

Yewen whats your stock levels like for the o/c versions vs the vanilla versions. Just thinking of my odds of gettin somethin a bit special lol

Make me happy yewen :D

Stock is going down fast, there were more of the OC cards at the start and all but two of the other cards are game bundles. :)

The worst cards we have are Asus cards, but they have a good warranty so its swings and roundabouts.

Tempted to buy 2 if it ensures decent cards ;)

<I can hear the bank manager laughing already>

ps3ud0 :cool:

Well yours is about to ship so be quick!

3 Asus for J1nxy please ;)

Are there much differences? Serious impulse purchase - and only because Ive literally just built my new PC with some extra bits and still need to put the OS in (which was gonna happen this weekend :p)

ps3ud0 :cool:

The cards range from GTX 280 performance to onces with mild factory overclocks, you would not be dissapointed with any card we are shipping for this price.

lol J1nxy that's what you'd deserve for being greedy :p I seriously wish I could get 2 though, but I'd be living off fresh air for the next few months.

Yewen, how close is my order to being shipped (OC734830), I'm looking forward to it :D God I'm impatient.

Impatient you don't say!

Your order has been picked and it is on the packing bench. :)

I'm so excited. Broke now. But get paid next week !

I hope for a EVGA but I'l be happy with whatever.
My trusty 8800gtx is finally biting the dust after a good 2 years work. So all in all very nice upgrade.

Yewen how many Asus ones have been shipped so far :) and how many more left

That would be telling. ;)

Excellent, whats the latest i could order for saturday delivery? or has the time passed?

EDIT: as special delivery sometimes arrives saturday, what's the latest that could be a possibility?

EDIT2: another question, if i didn't order today do you reckon you'll still have stock on monday, and would you be getting more stock eventually?

If you call our sales team they should still be able to get one out.

Doubt it, the way its going we should be out of stock by the morning! :D

is there any point with upgrading from a bfg gtx260oc edition to a whatever comes through the door 280? is the difference that huge? i can see the point going from a 8800gts 320 to the 280 but a 260 to the 280! hmmm i am trying to resist and talk myself out of it in the other hand though!!! :D

i can play most of my games on max apart from crysis dx10! so it does not balance the books as we would say!

If your card is a core 216 I would save the money mate, you will notice next to no improvement. Even if it is an older 260 unless it is struggling in your games you may be best off holding on for the next batch of cards in a few months time.

Forgot to mention I am running a GTX 280, got one of the last EVGA cards before we sold out the first time. Slightly gutting when some BFG GTX 280 OC2 cards were up for grabs. :p

Back
Top Bottom