• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Huge jump.

Yeh from the reviews I realise the jump will be massive. I'm more curious about the Zotac side of things as I've never owned a Zotac card before. My 970 is from MSI and it's great, quiet, fans stop while the card is idle etc. How are the Zotac's? I hope to hit 2GHz boost and 11GHz memory while still being relatively quiet.

Associate
Hmm another retailer (in Bolton) has the Gigabyte Xtreme Premium pack back in stock.

Any idea when the Gigabyte Xtreme Premium pack or single card might be back in stock at OCUK?

I don't want to go to a competitor as I had a lot of hassle with their customer service and had to basically threaten to take them to court to get a (brand new) motherboard replaced. Since then I won't buy anything high end from them and swore I never would again. It is hard to keep to a principle when desperate to get a GPU in my system though!

Associate
I didn't order until the 15th June (payday for me!) so I'm behind you in the queue, I was 20th around the end of June but I've no idea if any have even come in at all, I'm expecting it to be delayed due to being the lowest profit margin unit so when supplies are short they'll ship other models first :mad: which block did you go for outta interest? I went with the Aqua Computer one with the active cooling backplate :cool:

EK to match the rest of the system. Any update on these Gibbo?

Soldato
looking at the boost clock results being posted here and on the owners thread, waiting for the STRIX OC and the EVGA Classified seems to be a waste of time for this generation as you will be lucky to see a solid 2.1ghz boost and even if you do, it don't make much of a difference for fps.

Associate
Hey Gibbo

Any news on the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 SEA HAWK 8192MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card. Other stores are stating they have them due in on the 22nd of July. Any new feedback from MSI to overclockers.

Associate
Hey Gibbo

Any news on the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 SEA HAWK 8192MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card. Other stores are stating they have them due in on the 22nd of July. Any new feedback from MSI to overclockers.

any cryptic clue on what those stores are ? its weird that an item that must be shipping soon to be in stock next friday has no info. from that i can only gather its not coming ah well.

Associate
looking at the boost clock results being posted here and on the owners thread, waiting for the STRIX OC and the EVGA Classified seems to be a waste of time for this generation as you will be lucky to see a solid 2.1ghz boost and even if you do, it don't make much of a difference for fps.

Oh I dont doubt this. Thing is, speaking for myself at least, I ordered my 1080 Classy 29th May, and it cost £659.99 (£10 of that is shipping, which is now free) - I took a bit of a gamble that it would be a tip top card. As the month(s) have gone on it has come to realization that most cards are averaging out around the same and that its not going to be a big difference in performance.

But what has changed is the strength of the £ which means that the card is now £799 and the FTW is still £689.99. So even if I cancel now, i'd still end up paying more, for almost the same thing and still be in a queue at the end of it !

Admittedly I am a bit of a fan when it comes to EVGA stuff, but even if I was to change brands for something thats in stock right now, i'd still probably pay more thanks to the drop in the exchange rate on the £.

I just hope with the box and OC's being posted on reddit and Twitter that we hope to hear that Overclockers are getting some classy cards soon :)

Last edited:
Associate
One of them is based in Bolton. ;)

Ah yeah lol they have had stock a few times since we have been waiting but probably not in big number as their launch price was insanely more than OCUK now they are at parity you would expect OCUK to get some stock in.

The last 10 they had in that Gibbo has mentioned and by my queue numbers were the last they have had were a surprise delivery.

They either just send what they want or somethings not quite accurate with 29th i would hold too much hope for it I Know im not deep down.

Back
Top Bottom