• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Caporegime
Makes me feel better about SC.

Custom BIOS's may change it but that's not my bag.

I originally had the FTW on order but my impatience and seeing stock of the Gigabyte G1 gaming had me change orders. I also won't be swapping BIOS and happy with my 2050Mhz clocks but still running 1950Mhz for 24/7 (boost clocks) for gaming.

Associate
Makes me feel better about SC.

Custom BIOS's may change it but that's not my bag.

People say that but then we've also heard these cards are hitting 1.09V, not the 1.25V limit. So the overclock becomes unstable before it even reaches the limit in most cases. That makes it seem like the relatively low OC ability is a chip limitation or something.

Associate
Just off the phone asking why PDP didn't receive delivery of my SC card.. The Delivery driver attached an empty trailer leaving the one with stock and drove it to Stoke.... WTF

Bet that guy felt a bit silly, when he turned up to the depot with an empty trailer. :rolleyes:

S_D

S_D

Associate
Bet that guy felt a bit silly, when he turned up to the depot with an empty trailer. :rolleyes:

A great opportunity for OcUK to get a refund from DPD on their 'next day' promise ;) And then celebrate by giving all loyal forum members free Haribo.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Yeah but disappointing. Custom board and all that extra power and the cost and it means nothing.

May as well save £70 and get anything else with a decent cooler on.

You could say that for any of the other AIB cards from the likes of MSI, Gigabyte etc. Hell, you could even fork out for a FE card and still get a bad overclocker, it's luck of the draw.

This will be my first EVGA card, coming from an MSI GTX970 I'm really looking forward. One review hasn't put me off in the slightest.

Soldato
Wow these cards from Nvidia dont seem all that special at all then :( limited OC'ing, seem to be already clocked to near maximum, no stock, ridiculous prices on the FE etc...

Had this been an AMD launch there would have been public lynchings lol, but its ok its Nvidia, with the market share they have they can afford to over charge customers and under deliver, they may lose 20% market share but will still be the dominate factor and we all know how good they are at brushing stuff under the carpet and people have short memories (3.5gb 970?).

Kinda funny none the less, the cards look good, i just think they are massively overpriced, but Nvidia had no room to move as they couldnt put them under the 980ti price, as they had already done that to the TitanX with the 980ti.

Soldato
I switched my Asus X99-A to X99-A II. I couldn't flash my mobo as I didn't have an older chip and using the flashback with 3 different memory sticks wouldn't work either (it seemed to do what it should but still 00 error). Hopefully this new board will sort it and looking forward to seeing how the 6850K runs with the Gigabyte 1080.

I have built roughly 10 computers over the last year for friends and not including building LN2 computers for shows but this has driven me nuts :(

Ahh ok. Nice board :). I'll look forward to some benchies/review of the new chip.

Associate
You could say that for any of the other AIB cards from the likes of MSI, Gigabyte etc. Hell, you could even fork out for a FE card and still get a bad overclocker, it's luck of the draw.

This will be my first EVGA card, coming from an MSI GTX970 I'm really looking forward. One review hasn't put me off in the slightest.

My thoughts exactly, this will also be my first EVGA card, coming from an MSI GTX 970:)

Also, note that there is no mention of using the secondary vBIOS which may allow more headroom for overclocking than the tested, stock vBIOS.

Last edited:
Caporegime

True about any board but you are kinda of missing my point. The whole point in getting a none ref board with extra power in the past was they offered better overclocking on average. You could always get a lemon of course.

With 1080 its just seems to be a pure lottery. Therefore why waste money on a FTW or Classified when you have just as much a chance of getting a good board with a SC?

Soldato
With 1080 its just seems to be a pure lottery. Therefore why waste money on a FTW or Classified when you have just as much a chance of getting a good board with a SC?

Well last week the FTW was cheaper the the Nvidia FE cards. So it can't be a "waste" if the non clocker FE is more expensive. EVGA FTW is a better looking card at least. Nvidia really need to change the reference design next series cause this one is getting on a bit now.

Soldato
Can anyone confirm if they have had EVGA SC cards dispatched? I want to know if EVGA are on schedule with the SC and FTW. Thanks.

Associate
24th in Queue for the EVGA 1080 Hybrid.

Been waiting for the best part of 6 years to upgrade my machine, currently running on a Radeon HD 6870, so expecting a massive change!

Caporegime
Well last week the FTW was cheaper the the Nvidia FE cards. So it can't be a "waste" if the non clocker FE is more expensive. EVGA FTW is a better looking card at least. Nvidia really need to change the reference design next series cause this one is getting on a bit now.

Don't get me wrong, it was always a better buy than a flounders card but disappointed that the high end cards are offering nothing this time round except more cost.

You may as well buy the cheapest AIB card of choice with a better cooler than the flounders is all I am saying.

In fact since im going to watercool, that £529 clown card is looking very tempting atm

Back
Top Bottom