• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
My household has owned 4 Inno3d cards since 2009 and none have had any issues so I'd say they're OK. Can't wait to get my X3 (I originally had a clown card ordered on 1st June but changed to X3 shortly after when its ETA was 10 June).

Associate
Has anyone seen how the msi gaming x stacks up against the ftw in terms of cooling and noise? Tempted to switch to the msi as I can get it sooner. Can only manage a 2 slot cooler so I'm a bit limited in choice. Strix is to loud at load for me.

Hate the look of the msi but no case window so won't see it- all about thermals

G1 would also be OK but I think the msi is quieter and cooler if I recall?

Caporegime
I jumped ship from an AMP! to a HerculeZ Twin X2. Okay the Inno3D has only a stock clock but there was only a 5% overclock on the Amp! anyway which should easily be doable manually. The Inno3D has 8 pin + 6 pin which is more than enough - twin 8 pins seems more like marketing than anything. Even a single 8 pin might well be enough anyway.

Has it? I thought it was a reference board as EK list that its compatible with the reference waterblocks????

Associate
My MSI Gaming X just got shipped. Was a bit peeved to miss out by one yesterday but it's impressive from MSI and OCUK that another shipment came in the very next day!

Glad I switched from the FTW now to what by all accounts should be a great aftermarket card as well.

Associate
Has anyone seen how the msi gaming x stacks up against the ftw in terms of cooling and noise? Tempted to switch to the msi as I can get it sooner. Can only manage a 2 slot cooler so I'm a bit limited in choice. Strix is to loud at load for me.

Hate the look of the msi but no case window so won't see it- all about thermals

G1 would also be OK but I think the msi is quieter and cooler if I recall?

Was in the same predicament but in the end went for the MSI.

I've had MSI since my 560Ti (I have a 770 now) and although I'm not really liking the look of the MSI this time round my girlfriend thinks it looks awesome and just like you dude, it'll be in my case so it doesn't bother me. I feel it'll probably look better in the flesh though.

From the reviews I've read the FTW performs slightly better than the Gaming X by a few frames here and there but it is overclocked slightly more than the Gaming X out of the box.
They both seemed to be quite too and temps also seemed roughly the same from the reviews I've read / watched.

For me it was getting it sooner and also I know what I'm buying with MSI so I went for the Gaming X.

Talking of the Gaming X 1080. Does anyone know if more stock came in today at all?*

*Dude above me has already answered. I'm holding out hope mine will get shipped today too! I was 44th in the queue yesterday!

Last edited:
Associate
ah ok, i was 63rd. I just figured they would probably get 50 or less so figured the GLH was good as good, if not better.

Knowing my luck 4th will take longer then previous 63rd :eek:

Associate
Ha ha ive just been told on my thread that my GLH card will be with me on the next batch cause im 4th in the queue too unless they only sent 3 i wouldnt get one for my system build

Im hoping the systems been built and there just waiting to put the card in

Back
Top Bottom