OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
Right, I've archived the old thread:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17710089

Can we keep this new thread relatively on topic. Pictures of progress, form, exercises, injuries, gym equipment or anything relating to bodybuilding which doesn't fit into either the "why do you train" thread or the "Gym Rats" thread can go in here.

Obviously individual threads on supplements or other specific questions are fine.

So there you go a fresh new thread for you to play with! :)

Man of Honour
OP
Trimming down nicely, though you need bigger arms for the size of your body ;) Though the pic might not be that flattering...

What are your stats? Your waist is starting to come in now. Definitely a lot of bulk there. Still relatively high BF for what you want no? I was measured by my physio the other day, 13.4% which for 6'1" @ 215lbs is quite good I think.

Man of Honour
OP
im 6"2 225lbs chest 48 bicep 17.4 waist 36 thigh 28

BF about 17-20% ive got uneven distrbution, and love handles. Ive been on 1800 cals per day for what seems like forever. Not easy to get 2-3g per/lb at that sorta calorie level. Yes its split into 6 servings and yes i get fish oil, omega 3 and some complex carbs.

Impressive stats. You do weigh a good 10lbs more than me, and your chest is a good couple of inches on mine. Same bicep size though :) I'm around 34 at the waist at the moment and 27 at the thigh. So we're not too dissimilar, I'm lucky as in I'm building up, whilst you're cutting down which is always harder work. Keep it up! :)

Man of Honour
OP
Freefaller, Thanks :D i got the size i just aint got your lifts! wish i did my bench is lame.I'm basically living proof that bodybuilding isnt about lifting heavy loads but about hypertrophy and how you eat and train. My mantra is some variation of 6-12 rep sets and 2-3g protein per lb of bw. When i started training my max bench was 70kg for about 2-3 now i put up 80kg for 4x8reps and 100kg for a couple. Not impressive lifts for my stats i know, just goes to show that form and training ethic are worth plenty.

Well you are trying to lose bodyfat, which will no matter how hard you try still lead to some catabolism. However I'm doing the opposite, whilst keeping the BF down, I don't have to minimise calories and can put on weight and increase my energy/strength levels.

You raise a good point, bodybuilding doesn't necessarily = big weights. Which is why I mix my BB with powerlifting as I like both disciplines and I like to build up solid strength.

I haven't got any updated pics - but my last ones I'm still reasonably happy with.

Man of Honour
OP
You've got a good base to work on there, in fact you've got more than a base, you're already a decent size. For your height though I'd be happier being 15st. Though i'm over 15st I still feel I need a bit more - around 100kg would be my max, though a solid 98kg would be ideal. Problem with being over 6' tall is that long limbs make it harder to "look" big....

Man of Honour
OP
Im not really sure, i cant really find a picture on the net that would show what im thinking. Im more interested in getting massive back and shoulders and legs though rather than a sculpted abs/pecs, but at the same time i dont want that sort of half fat chunky look that people who say they are 'bulking' usually have.

I dont know, i intend to just keep working out while trying to keep lean and not put on too much fat and basically just get as big as i can. I work out for a variety of reasons, one of which is i need the routine and discipline it forces on you, without it id be screwed in other parts of my life. So i cant really see a point where i stop working out and just maintain, ill probably be pushing for mass for as long as i can.

Sounds like my attitude. But I'm relatively regimented in my training, but I prefer being slightly bulky vs shredded to hell. It's just my style. :) I'm relatively bulky now considering my height/weight and reasonably cut, I don't mind being a bit more cut than I am now, but not that bothered, ideally want to increase my strength so I can rep on 140 bench, DL 200+ (I can already do 205kg x1), Squat 200. So I'm getting there strength wise, size wise another 4kg would be good.

Man of Honour
OP
You've got a great base to work on Rich (you handsome ******). However not only concentrating on losing your BF you should try and develop your upper body more and get a bit of a taper on. At the moment you're a little too "uniform" if you see what I mean. Check out my pics in the archived thread to see what I mean. Don't know if there's any point in posting mine again as I haven't changed much since. Might do some updates this weekend and see...

Man of Honour
OP
I'm about 13.4-13.5% at the moment which I guess I still am when I was measured which was about a month ago.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=11878047&postcount=1744

Those are my old pics, I've put on about 3/4 more lbs since then. And cut a bit more, but I guess I'm not too far off what I looked like.

I'd say you're around 11-12% but it's hard to tell without knowing your height.

Man of Honour
OP
Freefaller you certainly cut a mean figure of a man!

MY stats now (which have increased since those pics):

Still 6'1"
Chest: Just about 47"
Bicep: Still at 17.5"
Waist: 35"
Thigh: Just over 27"
Calf: Just under 17"
Neck: 18.1"

Weight, 98.5kg dry (i.e. first thing in the morning after all ablutions)...

Though at the end of the day I'm knocking on 100kg :cool:

Man of Honour
OP
Well I've put on quite a bit of size since the RR day :) Also I dress subtly, I'm not much of a show off... says he posting pics of himself! lol! I'm packing more on every week - well trying to at any rate! ;)

I've definitely bulked out a bit more since those pics, but can't be bothered to take pics tonight - might do over the weekend.

AS for you, I'd say probably 11.3% making a guess your waist is about 32"?

Man of Honour
OP
You're under 13% I'm pretty confident, the 11.3% was a rough calculation (I have a book about it at home :o) making some assumptions (i.e. 32" waist) etc...The reason you maybe don't have "OMG ABZ" in spite of low bodyfat is because they may well be underdevelopped. I found doing compound and core exercises develop them a lot more than just hitting abs - I don't really do stomach crunches or sit up believe it or not.

Man of Honour
OP
ants - nice mass there, you've got a great base now to develop to either some great defined mass, or put on some decent bulk if you want it. Depends what you want.

Dun - fantastic progress. What do you weigh in at now? Looks like a lot of good quality lean mass there. :)

All you guys are catching me up!! Must... train... harder! lol! :D

Back
Top Bottom