OcUK Infinity Tesseract - Build Log

Associate
and the key ingredient, that defines Overclockers UK...the one ingredient that all the wannabe OcUK companies are missing...
Cherry picked, speed binned processors :D
How does one obtain an 8Pack cherry picked CPU without ordering a pre-built system, for me building it myself is half the fun of getting a new rig.

Soldato
How does one obtain an 8Pack cherry picked CPU without ordering a pre-built system, for me building it myself is half the fun of getting a new rig.

Sadly I don't believe you can.

From what I gather the way it works is..

8 Pack goes through CPUs

The epic ones he keeps for benching with himself
The ones which are close to epic are kept and put into corresponding OcUK systems depending on the spec (5GHz at 1.3v is top end, 4.7GHz at 1.3v would be middle/low end for example)
The ones that don't cut the mustard are put into the OcUK generic stock for customers.

Soldato
So basically don't buy a CPU from OcUK because you have 0% chance of getting a decent one... :(

The 1st 4790K I got from OCUK would only do 4.60 at 1.30v so I sent it back and went elsewhere as my previous 4770K does 4.60GHZ at 1.30, The whole cherry picking thing got discussed to death about a lot of GPU's a few months ago arriving at peoples homes already used i.e finger prints on the backplates or shrouds and dust in the fans and fins me being one of them, My Matrix 290X arrived looking like it was used heavily in a bench test and thrown into a box.

OcUK Staff
Well that is all lies.

When the CPUs are binned, they are NOT resold on the website to customers if they are not good clockers.

The Retail/OEM CPUs that you buy on our website are from the supplier. We do not touch these at all for testing.

Also Dicehunter, for your reference, we do not overclock any graphics cards in our systems and therefore have no reason at all to take brand new graphics cards out of boxes. The fingerprints and quality of packing of the graphics cards were from a certain manufacturer which we resolved directly with them.

Soldato
Well that is all lies.

When the CPUs are binned, they are NOT resold on the website to customers if they are not good clockers.

The Retail/OEM CPUs that you buy on our website are from the supplier. We do not touch these at all for testing.

Also Dicehunter, for your reference, we do not overclock any graphics cards in our systems and therefore have no reason at all to take brand new graphics cards out of boxes. The fingerprints and quality of packing of the graphics cards were from a certain manufacturer which we resolved directly with them.

Well that's good to know but have you ever thought of offering a binning option at a premium ?

Could do it on a select number of CPU's and GPU's per month and obviously charge for the cherry picking etc...

I know I'd go for it :)

Soldato
Well that is all lies.

My bad, but you do go through the OEM lines to check CPUs as that was discussed in another thread.

Out of interest where are they sold then?

Surely there must be a fair number of CPUs that simply don't cut the mustard in 8 pack systems or other overclocked systems. Are they placed in B grade?

OcUK Staff
My bad, but you do go through the OEM lines to check CPUs as that was discussed in another thread.

Out of interest where are they sold then?

Surely there must be a fair number of CPUs that simply don't cut the mustard in 8 pack systems or other overclocked systems. Are they placed in B grade?

We have production stock and retail stock. So the retail stock stays in our warehouse and is available to buy. (OEM or Retail). We do not touch these at all, they are just shipped out to customers who buy online/over the phone.

Production stock is when we speed bin processors, but currently we do not do this as most of the processors currently are fine to overclock with very little limitations.

If we get ones that do not overclock so well in our testing, then they are just used in full systems that do not require an overclock, either a system someone has purchased or for trade customers.

Back
Top Bottom