OcUK Motorbike Meet 2012 *Interest and ideas*

Soldato
So yea, sounds like the weekend of 24/25th March, can the OP be updated with the first meet locations then the main meet locations?

Such as Reading crew and who will be at the reading meet in the morning. Then the other crews, then finally a details address for the main meet.

Soldato
Hah they have to catch us first! :cool:

knapp01.png

But yes, there does seem to be a large number of reading lads :)

Also, picked up my new leathers yesterday, my god they are tight and stiff. Soaked them in this awsome german leather stuff, will apply a coat each night for the next week or 2. Hopefully soften it up.

Last edited:
Associate
We may well make a trip up to this and say boo depending on our training schedule! It would be nice to meet up with some fellow bikers!

If we do we'll probably rock up on our KTM's (Sam may have a 690 Enduro R by then but if not he'll be on his KTM 990 Adventure S and I will be on a 690 Enduro R!)

We will let you know in due course! It's only up the road from us so shouldn't be a problem! :)

Soldato
Attending!

Dangermouse425 - Dan - 2002 Triumph Bonneville Special - Reading

Potentially bringing along another mate, not sure if he's on OcUK or not, that ok?

What bike is it? Think another chap was going to being his mate who had a 125 and it was decided it would be a bit unfair as we would end up leaving him behind due to the general pace.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
What bike is it? Think another chap was going to being his mate who had a 125 and it was decided it would be a bit unfair as we would end up leaving him behind due to the general pace.

To be fair I would say that anybody that wants to come on a 125 is Welcome as long as they & there mate "make there own way up" & allow the amount of time they will need to arrive at the Longshoot at 11.30am.
Don't forget Guys my Chopper is a 125 but I have allowed for this on the day.
I plan on meeting you guys at the Longshoot & having a little meet & greet for everybody, Then we will potter up to imo the Best bike road in England about 5 mins away at legal speed limit, I will stop in this pub at the start of "The Road" with any others that don't want to do "The Road" Then you Fast boys can go & play as the road ends up at a big roundabout so you can come straight back down "The Road" to me/us.
Then we can potter into Hinckley to the Triumph factory & on up to Mallory. :cool:

Hope that suits all. :)

Associate
To be fair I would say that anybody that wants to come on a 125 is Welcome as long as they & there mate "make there own way up" & allow the amount of time they will need to arrive at the Longshoot at 11.30am.
I plan on meeting you guys at the Longshoot & having a little meet & greet for everybody, Then we will potter up to imo the Best bike road in England about 5 mins away at legal speed limit, I will stop in this pub at the start of "The Road" with any others that don't want to do "The Road" Then you Fast boys can go & play as the road ends up at a big roundabout so you can come straight back down "The Road" to me/us.
Then we can potter into Hinckley to the Triumph factory & on up to Mallory. :cool:

That sounds like a great plan to me! What is the name of this road? I fancy a looksy on Google maps :D

Soldato

It's another Bonnie, 2005 I think. That ok?

What he just said! And a very good point.

So, what is the name of this road! Don't keep teasing us!

Associate
Looks like I'll be able to get time off, where abouts did you want to meet up?

I'm planning on heading down the A47 and skimming the bottom of Leicester, it's a nice road with some great views and a lot better then a boring dual carriageway the entire way, heh.

If that sounds good then the best meeting place will be either at the garage in Wansford just off the A1/A47 junction, or I can meet you in Huntingdon, just off the A14.

Associate
I'm planning on heading down the A47 and skimming the bottom of Leicester, it's a nice road with some great views and a lot better then a boring dual carriageway the entire way, heh.

If that sounds good then the best meeting place will be either at the garage in Wansford just off the A1/A47 junction, or I can meet you in Huntingdon, just off the A14.

Whichever is easier for you tbh as I'll have to go through both to get to the a47.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Make sure you guys check the map Properly as although it is listed as Nuneaton for a lot of you it will be easier to head to Hinckley depending on what side you are approaching from.
The Longshoot is a pub & also the road it is in but it sits on the A5 as well. ;)

Back
Top Bottom