• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Nvidia RTX series review thread

Soldato
Either reviewers have misunderstood DLSS or I have.

If I assume I have misunderstood it and its supposed to be a simple replacement for TAA which in itself is just a crappy post processing AA technique (its better than FXAA but nothing like proper AA such as MSAA) then a big LOL.

I thought DLSS was much more and was akin to something like SGSSAA, so e.g. rendering at say 1440p and getting 2160p quality. But is it instead you still render at 4k and it just replaces TAA, TAA in itself is very light on gpu's anyway. In FF15 on my gpu TAA barely adds 2% load.

--edit--

Given our results, it's clear that DLSS first renders at a lower resolution: 2560 x 1440 for a 4K output and 1708 x 960 for a QHD target. The ratio is always 150% between the base and target.

Ok seems I was right then.

So DLSS is fairly good then if they struggling to spot the difference between native 4k + TAA and 1440p+DLSS. I think the article writers need to stop calling it 4k DLSS to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom