OCUK - PayPal Credit

Soldato
@scotsdragon that's not what he meant mate. OP is asking if he can use PayPal Credit (i.e. finance) when making payment to OcUK. You mean having a balance on your PayPal account, plus the difference debited from your bank card. :p

@pigeonguyuk to answer your question, I have no idea! Probably best asking OcUK directly in the Customer Service section.

Associate
I wouldn't advise getting credit unless it's absolutely necessary.

But to answer your question, yes. Anywhere that accepts PayPal, you can pay with PayPal credit. I think you'd have to apply for it beforehand though. Good luck!

Soldato
Anywhere that accepts PayPal, you can pay with PayPal credit.
not true, just because they accept paypal does not mean they accept paypal credit.

OcUK do accept paypal credit, but haven't always done. it's just a matter of selecting paypal as your means of payment, then when it takes you to your paypal account to confirm you just change the payment method within paypal so that it 'looks' to your paypal credit instead of the any linked cards/accounts. I use paypal credit quite a bit as you get 3 (or is it 4?) months interest free. just make sure you have the means to keep on top of your payments and clear it within the interest free period.

Associate
not true, just because they accept paypal does not mean they accept paypal credit.

OcUK do accept paypal credit, but haven't always done. it's just a matter of selecting paypal as your means of payment, then when it takes you to your paypal account to confirm you just change the payment method within paypal so that it 'looks' to your paypal credit instead of the any linked cards/accounts. I use paypal credit quite a bit as you get 3 (or is it 4?) months interest free. just make sure you have the means to keep on top of your payments and clear it within the interest free period.

http://www.businessinsider.com/paypal-credit-2014-8?IR=T

"Available anywhere that accepts PayPal, "as well as thousands of other online stores,".

Soldato
http://www.businessinsider.com/paypal-credit-2014-8?IR=T

"Available anywhere that accepts PayPal, "as well as thousands of other online stores,".

Well from my own experiences that is incorrect too.
There is a thread on here about it too.

From my understanding it is up to each e-store whether they want to accept Paypal credit, just because they offer Paypal as a means of payment does not mean they will automatically offer Paypal credit.

Edit: from PayPal's own site, not some news article
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/Why-am-I-unable-to-pay-with-PayPal-Credit-FAQ3328

Why am I unable to pay with PayPal credit? See reason D in the link.
'Because Paypal credit is not offered at checkout'

Associate
If you really want to go down the route of finance/credit.... why not use the "buy now pay later" offer or normal finance through Overclockers, rather than Paypal? Much easier and less interest I believe.

Soldato
If you really want to go down the route of finance/credit.... why not use the "buy now pay later" offer or normal finance through Overclockers, rather than Paypal? Much easier and less interest I believe.

It says you don't pay interest if you buy something over £150 and clear that amount within 4 months, so no interest charged.

Associate
OP
lol typed from my phone so thats why didnt notice CAPITALS. If id have been accepted for the normal credit id have spanked 2k+ on a new build already including watercooling lol. Seems paypal use their own credit scoring or maybe taking into consideration previous transaction history as it was approved very easily. The interest % is a lot less then my crappy credit card so it was the better choise to snap up a few deals. :)

Back
Top Bottom