OCUK Poker 2020 Season!

Associate
Hey everyone,

I thought I would resurrect the OCUK poker game seeing as we are all mostly locked in 24/7 and this is a chance to have some fun and bants and forget about whats happening for a short while!

It'll be the exact same as previous seasons, all the info is below if you would like to play.

When:
Games are on a Sunday evening at 9pm (freeroll)

Where:
We use PokerStars. It's free to sign up and if you head over to the home games you'll find the OCUK game. Registration is subject to my approval.

Why:
For the fun and the winner of the league will receive the coveted OcUK Poker Champ signature.

Who:
This is open to anyone from OcUK.

How:
If you don't already have it, download the free PokerStars software from www.pokerstars.uk
Open the main poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab
Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
Enter my Club ID number: 3313149
Enter my Invitation Code: ferrari599GTO

That's it! Once I've approved your membership request, we'll be ready to start playing Home Games online together!

Defending Champion:
tombrr - 2012

Past Champions
Freeman - 2011
Al-Ectrician - 2010
Darkmage88 - 2009
Darkmage88 - 2008

One last thing, for the scoring and rankings, we may as well just use the built-in systems that PokerStars provides.

So get signing up and please reply to this thread once you have applied with what your username is and i'll accept the request to join.

Once there is a decentish amount of people registered, we'll then start the tournaments!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
@Zeebedy great, you're in! But unfortunately we do not have enough members currently for a tournament to begin. I'd like to get to 10 people or so before starting the games.

We are currently at 5 members.

Just a reminder for everyone that joins is that you'll need to 'collect' play money from the 'Cashier' screen which will give you 30k. Cheapest buy-in play money tournament is 20k so you'll need to collect it each time before to enter each game.

@Razor-BladE Thats totally cool, this is just for a laugh, no money involved. I'm thinking of doing a series, perhaps we can started off with a 5-week series, so a game a week for 5 weeks?

Associate
OP
@Antipasti It is quite hidden! On the main window, if you look at the right hand side, you'll see a vertical list of boxes and if you click on the 'More' button right at the bottom you'll see 'Home Games' in the menu that pops up.

Click that and it'll take you to the home games screen where you'll see the 'Join a poker club' button.

Associate
OP
So I have just accepted all requests and we are now at 8 players.

If we can get 1 or 2 more we can start it tonight at 9:30 if people are happy?

Associate
OP
21:30 is a bit late for me, given it's likely to go on for some time? Doubt it'll be done in an hour will it?

Hard to say really, iirc games in the last season, were probably around an hour to two hours max.

But we were probably getting close to 15-20 people a game

Associate
OP
It's not an requirement, just the more people in the game makes it a bit more fun, but we'll see how many we get signed up.

I think bare minimum is 2 players.

I'll make a tournament now for 9:30pm. Please sign up if you can make it.

Associate
OP
Ok, I have made the tournament to start at 9:30, 35 minutes.

Please remember to claim play money from the 'Cashier' screen if you don't have enough.

Also there is late registration available for 10 minutes after the start time.

Associate
OP
@sigma Where are you connecting from? Having no connection issues here.

No one else has signed up for the tournament anyway so i'll give it another 5 minutes, otherwise i'll cancel and make it start from next Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom