OCUK prebuilt machine PSU question?

Associate
Hi all,

So I've placed an order for a prebuilt system, probably a good while to wait until it arrives lol.
But I'm wondering about the psu supplied, it wasn't an option to change and I'm concerned about its quality.
Kolink 700w core series 80 plus this seems to be a cheap and cheerful psu and I'm sure it'll do the job, but what would be a good upgrade on this any reccomend PSU?

Itll be running an i7 10700k, 3060ti so a humble rig compared to most I'm sure.

Thank you

Soldato
You don't want a PSU that cost's £27 running your nice new shiny rig that's for certain. Sure it will turn it on but put it under any stress then you'll be in a world of problems. Cheap yes, cheerful?.... I'll keep my trap shut. ;)

Said it before & say it again. Never skimp on your power supply. Nvidia suggests 600watter for a 3060ti, so how about this:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £107.45 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Associate
OP
Thanks i totally agree. But it wasn't a option I could pick, was suprised to see ocuk including such a cheap psu. But I understand it...I guess, shift them lol.
I will contact them and try and upgrade. Was thinking 750w plus however.

Soldato
Hi all,

So I've placed an order for a prebuilt system, probably a good while to wait until it arrives lol.
But I'm wondering about the psu supplied, it wasn't an option to change and I'm concerned about its quality.
Kolink 700w core series 80 plus this seems to be a cheap and cheerful psu and I'm sure it'll do the job, but what would be a good upgrade on this any reccomend PSU?

Itll be running an i7 10700k, 3060ti so a humble rig compared to most I'm sure.

Thank you
Agree with others ... you think its 700W BUT....
VxPprsl.jpg

it's a 576 W off the +12v rail.... crafty eh? A quality 500W would likely be better.

Man of Honour
Why are they selling such a poor psu built in, without an option to change. Not great really.

Probably to maximise profits as they most likely get them for next to nothing as their parent company are pushing them. Pretty pathetic to use such a poor quality psu in a pc with a cpu that costs £350+ and a gpu that costs £420+ and they should be ashamed.

Go for the Phanteks. It's a rebadged Seasonic Focus and has a 10 year warranty.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys, I'm still torn in the 2 I listed above. Thankfully ocuk will allow me to upgrade the psu.
But I thinking should I go 850w for upgrade sake down the line, but most are OOS.

Superflower argb or the phanteks?

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom