• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OCUK RMA Complaint

Associate
Hi. Does anyone know the correct place to complain about OCUK RMA?

I would like to know who is best to contact to complain about my rma contact with ocuk.

Thanks

Permabanned
Use the CS part of the forum, Then after whine here. But remember a lot of the time ocuk are normally not at fault. Like me wanting to shout about my monitor which is an Asus problem.

Associate
Use the CS part of the forum, Then after whine here. But remember a lot of the time ocuk are normally not at fault. Like me wanting to shout about my monitor which is an Asus problem.
HAHAHHA i know that feeling all too well

OCUK are generally on the ball so doubt you will have any problems

Permabanned
HAHAHHA i know that feeling all too well

OCUK are generally on the ball so doubt you will have any problems

I was actually, They want me to return a monitor that was a pre order as twice now it has reset my custom RGB while keeping all other settings. This is the second Asus 240hz to do it and the support told me no one else complained simply RMA so they think i am lying and they said so twice.

But its not easy to keep doing returns, We wanted to keep it and see if others had the issue as weve been shafted by two other companys as well in the same week yep a pan a monitor and a artwork peice all arrived d amaged and all need to be returned. All we asked for was they forgo profit on this sale, Pass it to me and give Asus a nasty message about quality control but they refused a few times in email now.

If i return OCUK are out DPD collection money anyways, So you would think they would simply pass the saving onto me for not doing a return but no! Thier cheeky gits and expect to profit from faulty items which is just bad practice. Not to mention i got rid of my old monitor as well and hence i have another reason for not wanting to do another pre order. The item is not in stock either.

Soldato
I was actually, They want me to return a monitor that was a pre order as twice now it has reset my custom RGB while keeping all other settings. This is the second Asus 240hz to do it and the support told me no one else complained simply RMA so they think i am lying and they said so twice.

But its not easy to keep doing returns, We wanted to keep it and see if others had the issue as weve been shafted by two other companys as well in the same week yep a pan a monitor and a artwork peice all arrived d amaged and all need to be returned. All we asked for was they forgo profit on this sale, Pass it to me and give Asus a nasty message about quality control but they refused a few times in email now.

If i return OCUK are out DPD collection money anyways, So you would think they would simply pass the saving onto me for not doing a return but no! Thier cheeky gits and expect to profit from faulty items which is just bad practice. Not to mention i got rid of my old monitor as well and hence i have another reason for not wanting to do another pre order. The item is not in stock either.

So, they should simply accept everyones word that goods are faulty and discount them?

Yeah, I think they would need to install a LOT more phone lines before they go bust !

Permabanned
So, they should simply accept everyones word that goods are faulty and discount them?

Yeah, I think they would need to install a LOT more phone lines before they go bust !

You know they would probably not find the fault if i only had it happen two times in two weeks what hope is there for RMA guy who has 2hrs? Think about the cost for OCUK staff on min wage? Plus the DPD collection to NI plus the shipping to Asus.

It is Asus shafting ocuk not me, I simply refuse to take it on the chin as i dont have a profit margin to absorb it, If they cannot well dont go into business personally i would never open a business in the current climate where people like Asus do not cover the costs for me and ocuk. They should change the law where ocuk send the bill to Asus.

Associate
DPD Collection is absolute pennies when you're dealing on a scale of Overclockers so they're hardly losing out.

Imagine if you sold something, the buyer said it was faulty and you either had the option to collect and get it fixed for very little or you could just hand over any profit made to the customer without checking, which would you do? Now multiply that by several every single day.

OcUK have responded and looks like they're trying to sort it for you, I'd hate for you to deal with some other companies if that's what you think is bad.

Associate

i am confused, you have a faulty monitor which you are willing to keep in exchange for OCuk refunding you there profit margin on your sale? I dont understand why any shop would do that when they can simply send you a replacement while they return the faulty one to Asus for a credit.

It sucks when things arrive faulty but it is no ones fault, just one of those things that happen from time to time, just follow the process and all will get sorted. OCuk have much better customer service then most places so i am sure it will not take long

Permabanned
i am confused, you have a faulty monitor which you are willing to keep in exchange for OCuk refunding you there profit margin on your sale? I dont understand why any shop would do that when they can simply send you a replacement while they return the faulty one to Asus for a credit.

It sucks when things arrive faulty but it is no ones fault, just one of those things that happen from time to time, just follow the process and all will get sorted. OCuk have much better customer service then most places so i am sure it will not take long

Whos to say i have not got other things going on though? I do not have time for waiting for collection, Re ordering and another collection plus im already out time on emails. And i am very fussy i wiped the monitor down cleaned it up and sold my other monitor as the only other issues was it was false advertisement on the part of ELMB SYNC. So why should i be out more time? It is also hard for me to prove as well but why would i go through the hassle for like £30? Do you think it wise to lie? The truth is QC on a lot of China goods they sale is poor and they should address it at the source but refuse as thier profiting of cheap labour and bad quality control.

Hardly a customers problem CCR states also any time wasted cam be billed onto a retailer. So how much would you charge for a dpd collection waiting fee then? Considering i dont deliver large packages to this address hmm? To get a new one means two appointments.

Soldato
Errrm I am a little lost here.

Is the issue you are RMA'ing because it resets you Custom rig's RGB settings?

Also are you saying you expect OCUK to reimburse you the postage they saved from you not sending it back to them? and for your time writing some email?
Not being funny but you are on to a loser there. However, if you want the £10 or so it will cost OCUK to send it back to them and accept a void warranty, I am sure they could accommodate that but I am not sure why they would. Besides, you don't know that Asus has not asked them to send it back for inspection...

As for your time. How long have you spent writing and replying to this thread? They don't owe you for that at all.

Permabanned
Errrm I am a little lost here.

Is the issue you are RMA'ing because it resets you Custom rig's RGB settings?

Also are you saying you expect OCUK to reimburse you the postage they saved from you not sending it back to them? and for your time writing some email?
Not being funny but you are on to a loser there. However, if you want the £10 or so it will cost OCUK to send it back to them and accept a void warranty, I am sure they could accommodate that but I am not sure why they would. Besides, you don't know that Asus has not asked them to send it back for inspection...

As for your time. How long have you spent writing and replying to this thread? They don't owe you for that at all.

I am not gonna argue when the law states otherwise, Read CCR and see for yourself the reality. If it were not reality i would not of resolved it either.

So there ya go, Done and dusted. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom