OcUK Rolling Road Day 14 @ PowerStation (Tewksbury) - August 4th 2012

Caporegime
I never even realised you could get sea sick by looking at pictures on a monitor until shoes posted all of the meet photos as if I was looking through a peep hole of a front door.

Soldato
Now I think. I'm just going to throw some water over me - I'll be driving through Didcot. Hopefully this will empty my tank enough to save £40 quid on petrol when I top up :)

Soldato
Guys I was only down as a spectator but I've discovered I have a nail in one of my tyres this morning so not sure I will make it now...in the process of getting it sorted.

Soldato
Good day..
That remap doesn't do a lot does it Gibbo. :o I guess Porsche already know how to squeeze every last ounce out of it. :D

Last edited:

Mud

Mud

Soldato
Thanks again for arranging the day Gibbo, and nice to meet everyone.

Looks like my spark angle went wacky and cost me some power...will be investigating that so good to know. My transmission loss should apparently have been about 24 hp higher.

Soldato
Thanks again for arranging the day Gibbo, and nice to meet everyone.

Looks like my spark angle went wacky and cost me some power...will be investigating that so good to know. My transmission loss should apparently have been about 24 hp higher.

Transmission loss is not fixed. :mad:
It changes depending on the speed
The higher the speed the higher the loss will be.
If I did a run in a different gear you'd have completely different loss figures.
A higher gear would give you a greater loss and a lower @ the wheel figure.

Caporegime
Thanks for organising the day Gibbo, good to see people again, always a laugh :D

Was the owner of that CV boot ever identified? :p

oh and 213 bhp @ 8300 RPM :cool:

138 lb/ft @ 7775 :o

Mud

Mud

Soldato
Transmission loss is not fixed. :mad:
It changes depending on the speed
The higher the speed the higher the loss will be.
If I did a run in a different gear you'd have completely different loss figures.
A higher gear would give you a greater loss and a lower @ the wheel figure.

Yeah, that was assuming it was run in fourth like I requested.

Associate
Thank for letting me come along, Quite happy with my results, decent output from 1368cc , 195bhp and 218lbs of torque, will try a tuning box as my next addition, should see another 15-20 percent bump giving me an even more rapid little Punto. :)

Sorry I couldn't stay much past 12, had a kids party to get to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom