OcUK Rolling Road Day 14 @ PowerStation (Tewksbury) - August 4th 2012

Like a manual box?

download.jpg

You do need to get a new bumper/remove your 'female/male pleasure devices' though, also as said at the RR, it needs dish. :cool:

lol, the manual boxes go for like £2500+ for the 6 speed. Crazy money really!

Yeah the bumper needs to be tidyed up somewhat, still indecisive about the sex rods though.

See Honda made nice gains on the torque in the lower ranges for the K series over the B :cool:

Yeah at 3k the differences its just like they could have made the 1.8 into a 2.0.....

Its similiar to how you can tune the earlier RS4s by turbocharging them before racing M5s :p

Jag XF seems to be spot on aswell so thats some confidence for the numbers on the day.

I'm rather glad I ran; in an effort to solve the timing issues I had on the dyno I reset the ECU, and something was clearly sub-optimal. When's the next one then!? :p

I had no idea the naturally aspirated V8 Jag XF had that much power to be honest :o

Tomo has the new 5.0l model. :)

Not sure if this is the same engine as used in the new Mustang or not or if there is any similarities at all, maybe someone can confirm but that 5.0 V8 makes 415BHP ish and some are reporting them seeing 440BHP on the dyno, so more powerful seems to be getting extracted from these newer V8's out the factory. :)

About time though, the Americans have normally being very lazy, though I suspect Jaguar don't share anything with Ford any more, so it is probably completely different engines.

Tomo has the new 5.0l model. :)

Not sure if this is the same engine as used in the new Mustang or not or if there is any similarities at all, maybe someone can confirm but that 5.0 V8 makes 415BHP ish and some are reporting them seeing 440BHP on the dyno, so more powerful seems to be getting extracted from these newer V8's out the factory. :)

About time though, the Americans have normally being very lazy.

NOTHING to do with the Ford V8. This one has direct injection and variable valve timing.

The only bit carried over from the old AJ V8 (4.2) is the exhaust valve collets.

It's to do with the friction generated by the two rollers (that the wheels sit between) on the dyno. Ergo on this dyno, the wheel figure isn't nearly as accurate as others, where on others the flywheel figure may not be quite as accurate as a trade off.

Or something.

It's to do with the friction generated by the two rollers (that the wheels sit between) on the dyno. Ergo on this dyno, the wheel figure isn't nearly as accurate as others, where on others the flywheel figure may not be quite as accurate as a trade off.

Or something.

+1

I want to know what my engine power is as accurately as possible and Powerstations dyno is the best for this.

I am not interested in power at the wheels to be frank.

Correct. Two rollers per wheel actually measuring I believe. Hence more drag than your conventional rolling road. Most two roller dynos only measure from one roller per wheel.

Better flywheel figures, worse at the wheel figures. Hardly a problem unless you wish to compare to American dyno figures, where let's be honest a lot of them seem to think their fly figures are atw figures lol.

I don't think Americans know whether their horsepower figures are at the wheels, fly or the steering wheel half the time, as each time I see it mentioned on forums it just seems to descend into some sort of internet-based redneck bar brawl ;)

Personally though, I want to know how much power my engine has, not how much power my drivetrain has sapped.

Back
Top Bottom