• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX4000 series review thread

Soldato
You absolutely need a 4k or 8k monitor for this thing. There just doesn't exist a CPU fast enough to drive it at lower resolutions and neither Zen 4 or Raptor Lake are fast enough

Nvidia needs to sort out its overhead, it's getting ridiculous now, if they don't RTX5000 is gonna need DLSS 4.0 and DLSS 4.0 is gonna generate 100% of all frames completely bypassing the CPU

We have hit that ceiling again where you can count the games on one hand that needs a 4090 (not counting VR)

Associate
Guys/Girls heads up with the review benchmarks, they are all over the place most of them and make no sense in some cases, LTT's is a prime example of it.

Suddenly a 3090ti is 60% faster than a 3090 in some cases... :rolleyes:
they have addressed the cyberpunk numbers at least, apparently with the 4090 they had a bug with FSR being on but showing as off or something like that. They say they are working to redo the video and have posted the correct numbers in the video comments.

Associate
Are there any AIO card reviews yet?

Saw these reviews for the Suprim Liquid X in my RSS feed, but haven't read them personally.

Caporegime
You absolutely need a 4k or 8k monitor for this thing. There just doesn't exist a CPU fast enough to drive it at lower resolutions and neither Zen 4 or Raptor Lake are fast enough

Nvidia needs to sort out its overhead, it's getting ridiculous now, if they don't RTX5000 is gonna need DLSS 4.0 and DLSS 4.0 is gonna generate 100% of all frames completely bypassing the CPU
games will get more demanding though so if you're keeping the card for a few years does it really matter if your only on 3440x1440

Soldato
I think there's a good chance they'll improve DLSS FG to be much more usable in a year or two, but the issue is it's not a factor right now, particularly for slower cards. Plus the best displays (in terms of picture quality) are generally capped at 120 hz (TVs), so it's not a use case where it helps much. Only real exception on monitors I can think of is the QD-OLEDs at 175hz, but even that doesn't feel like a big enough leap Hz-wise to really put the tech to work. Once they figure out how to solve the sync-related issues then they might have something worthwhile on their hands even for more general uses, but it's still too early.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
they have addressed the cyberpunk numbers at least, apparently with the 4090 they had a bug with FSR being on but showing as off or something like that. They say they are working to redo the video and have posted the correct numbers in the video comments.

I would have thought someone would have questioned the 4x performance difference between the 4090 and 3090Ti before posting those results publicly!

Associate
I would have thought someone would have questioned the 4x performance difference between the 4090 and 3090Ti before posting those results publicly!
yeah, though i suspect tehy did try to question it, they just never found the reason before they hit the deadline on getting the video out the door... that said, I might have just not included that slide in that case.

Back
Top Bottom