OcUK Southwest Meet - Get Your Names In!

PMKeates said:
I'd be tempted to come if it wasn't 200 miles off! Hmm, I still am tempted to be honest. I'll just have to think about the logistics of it :p

Go on, you know you want to, just think of all those miles on the M25 to look forward to ;)

S'only 150 miles to Exeter for me, but that's only 50 more miles as a round trip than I'll do tomorrow going to visit the in-laws :D

And the blast over the moors as well, but that's real roads so it doesn't count!

Hope to see you there.

Alan Woodford

It's not the miles per se (I've averaged 110miles* per day since I got my car!), but rather the distance. I have a tendancy to get totally lost (RE: Central London thread) and I'd probably end up in Edinburgh :p

I'll give it some serious thought in the next couple of days though, try and see if I think I can get away with it :)

*£14 a day in fuel :eek:

It's not exactly difficult. Get onto the M25 and keep going around until you see a sign for the M4. Drive along it until you see a sign for the M5 and 'The South West'.

Job done.

PMKeates said:
It's not the miles per se (I've averaged 110miles* per day since I got my car!), but rather the distance. I have a tendancy to get totally lost (RE: Central London thread) and I'd probably end up in Edinburgh :p

I'll give it some serious thought in the next couple of days though, try and see if I think I can get away with it :)

*£14 a day in fuel :eek:

Shouldn't be difficult to find, M25, M4, M5, and the services are handily signposted!

Then again, I had a mate who managed to miss the M5, driving up the M6, so I'm willing to believe that anything can happen :D

£14 a day - :eek: I'm using about £20 a week since I got the Diesel, then again, my commute isn't long enough for the temp gauge to move!

Alan Woodford

Gojira said:
£14 a day - :eek: I'm using about £20 a week since I got the Diesel, then again, my commute isn't long enough for the temp gauge to move!
I have no commute! I'm using £14 a day leisure!

Anyway, as I said, I'll have a good think about it :)

[TW]Fox said:
How do you manage to do 110 miles a day for leisure :eek:

Out cruisin? :p
:D

I really can't believe how it's racked up so quick. I guessed 7,000 miles a year for the insurance and I'm going to top that any day now. It's probably a combination of:

• Giving a lift to anyone who wants one - friends, brothers of friends, girlfriends of brothers of friends
  • Leaving my local area, taking a load of unknown turnings and trying to get home without a map (Bad idea in Central London!)
  • And... it must be cruising. I have steel wheels with naff wheel trims and often listen to Classic FM, so it's not your typical town cruiser :p

[TW]Fox said:
Hmm, not too posessive then :eek:

It's more a case of not leaving her having to look after the kids alone for the whole weekend, because if I do go I'll be doing as you suggested and staying overnight as I'm doing the southwest motorshow the next day.

It's still a maybe for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom