rjk

rjk

Caporegime
nice, BUT
only 1 loop for the whole system?
REALLY?

temps stated are great

one loop is enough

there are a lot of myths about watercooling and needing dual loops etc. a single loop is much tidier and works just as well when executed properly.

Soldato
temps stated are great

one loop is enough

there are a lot of myths about watercooling and needing dual loops etc. a single loop is much tidier and works just as well when executed properly.

what do you meen by executed properly
im very intrested because i want to put my 5870's in the loop but dont have any more rad room

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
what do you meen by executed properly

i mean, rather than wading in with a massive dual loop system, one must do complete and precise research into what it is that they wish to cool

the heat output of an X58 motherboard is essentially quite low, even when overclocked.

the CPU, whilst overclocked highly is the only real contributing item in the loop

then there is the gpu which puts out a lot less than an overclocked i7

the radiator is a black ice with high fpi running on fans with good static pressure.

many people simply choose the pretty components that they like the look of rather than looking at what hardware configuration best suits their systems requirements

the loop works well because the sequence of the components coupled with the flow rate means the water temperature doesnt raise too much

it is purely a myth that many rads = great cooling.
a 360 rad is enough for a system like this.
for example, i know i dont need the 240 in my rig, i could quite easily run all my hardware off a quad on its own.

many people say many things on the internet
many of these people are wrong
many of these people dont build computers for a living :p

Soldato
i mean, rather than wading in with a massive dual loop system, one must do complete and precise research into what it is that they wish to cool

the heat output of an X58 motherboard is essentially quite low, even when overclocked.

the CPU, whilst overclocked highly is the only real contributing item in the loop

then there is the gpu which puts out a lot less than an overclocked i7

the radiator is a black ice with high fpi running on fans with good static pressure.

many people simply choose the pretty components that they like the look of rather than looking at what hardware configuration best suits their systems requirements

the loop works well because the sequence of the components coupled with the flow rate means the water temperature doesnt raise too much

it is purely a myth that many rads = great cooling.
a 360 rad is enough for a system like this.
for example, i know i dont need the 240 in my rig, i could quite easily run all my hardware off a quad on its own.

many people say many things on the internet
many of these people are wrong
many of these people dont build computers for a living :p

so do you think i will get away with two 5870's in my loop with only one thermochill rad

Soldato
yes my friend,
REALLY! OMG!

On another note, I got rather distracted battlefield 2: BC so didn't get any chance for benchmarks!

wow
OcUK employee in sarcasm SHOCKER. I would expect better of an employee.
I was asking as the last time I did a single loop with a graphics card in the temps where more than I wanted them to be.
this was quite a while ago so things must have changed.
that you both have gone militant about it makes me wonder if you have something to hide?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
it makes me wonder if you have something to hide?

Hiding what exactly?

Just trying to educate the masses, is it so hard to believe that a whole pc can run off a triple radiator? If I didn't think it was possible I wouldn't of done it. That is what research is for ;)

I've posted the temps so it is clear that it works fine, come on its not like im claiming sub zero temps is it now.

Last edited:
Soldato
that you both have gone militant about it makes me wonder if you have something to hide?

Something to hide? This is a log regarding a watercooled PC not a log regarding the disposal of nuclear material.

And as I read it Destroyer answered your question in the same vein you asked it and rjk gave you specific and detailed reasons as to why one loop was enough to cope.

What else did you expect?

Stonking build btw, motherboard looks stunning.

Back
Top Bottom