OCUK to the rescue

Associate
And this is why I love OcUK, great guys, great service.

Didn't have to be done and you could have been £260 out of pocket for nothing. Obviously this can't be done all the time, but I'm glad you ended up okay OP!

Associate
Nice job guys, i know to stick away from BT when i get access to MM :O

although i guess my nature would mean i'd really only be selling on it, and probably every few years only so ah well.

Out of curiosity which is the best payment method for both parties?

Associate
Always pay with Paypal or a credit card so that you are protected.

If you receive faulty hardware when bought on credit, you can claim it off the CC company who will then chase the seller and they got a lot more clout than you.

If you pay with paypal they will refund it to you. I've had faulty merchandise in the past and paypal has always sorted it out.

Just make sure you take pictures and try to establish as much proof as you can.

Associate
This is the sort of thing I get scared of happening to me, so I always buy my stuff new, it's worth that extra bit for the peace of mind you get :p

Man of Honour
This is the sort of thing I get scared of happening to me, so I always buy my stuff new, it's worth that extra bit for the peace of mind you get :p

I would just like to iterate that this kind of thing is extremely rare. Most problem cases are where either 1. someone gets too impatient or 2. there just isn't enough communication but these are often resolved soon enough.

Most deals I see go through and complete satisfactory. We have made access to the MM stricter and although as I said most won't agree with the recent changes, we have done so purely in the interest of or members :)

Associate
Great post. This is why OcUK has grown into such a successful company. I don't know of any other company who has such caring staff and such a personal relationship with its customers, and I think these forums are a big part of that. I never buy from anywhere else :D

Associate
OP
Nice one OcUK :)

OP did you speak to the bank at all?

I searched online and everywhere I read that there was no comeback at all with BT, do you know different? If so I will pursue.

@OP, out of interest, why didn't you leave the seller negative feedback?

You know, I got lost in the time it was all taking to get sorted out, by the time the parts went off to Gibbo, then reported back I just forgot about it. It's just literally been sorted this week.
But I guess if I leave neg feedback there will be the spiteful payback of neg feedback to me. Hopefully this thread will serve as negative feedback.

Back
Top Bottom