OcUK Trackday: Donnington 8th May 2013: £177.50 - CANCELLED!!!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Right the venue is this:-

Organiser: Focus Events - Click for details
Venue: Donnington Park
Date: 8th May 2013
Format: GP Circuit, OPL
Noise Limit: 98Db drive-by
Time: Signing on 8am, track time 9am - 5pm
Price: £177.50 if we get 10 confirmed otherwise £195.00
Payment: If we get 10 people I need payment in full by end of this month, as I shall have to pay for everyone myself to get the discount as the organisers want it as one transaction.

For May this is a great price, but I've noticed the website does not mention whether its Open Pitlane or sessions, so I shall double check this tomorrow as Open Pitlane is a must.

So based on it being OPL, who is 110% in for this? If so please reply stating yes.

110% Confirmed runners who will pay by end of this month
1. Gibbo - Porsche 911 C2S
2. Peterintheghetto - Civic Type R EP3
3. RJK - Civic Type R EP3
4. Vigoro - Mazda. MX5
5. Muffin - Integra DC2 Type R
6. JP - Nissan GTR (600BHP+)
7. LSPIII - Lotus
8. Nathwraith - Honda CRZ Sport
9. Pug heaven - Mazda RX8
10. Darryn - MX5

Why does the 8th May have superbike hire and all bike related things instead of the normal car track day stuff?

Probably just their poor website, its definetely a car day, just need to double check to ensure its OPL, which I shall do tomorrow.

Remember guys, don't book online, those who are going, need to pay me by end of this month, then I shall pay for everyone. :)

Probably, seeing as it is more than the bike trackdays and is listed under car trackdays!

Does the Availability of 10 have any impact of 10 or more of us going?

Nope, think the lady said upto 90 cars on the day, with 30 on track at any one time. So similar to Javalin days, but thats why its cheaper.

Always the case m8 with organisers like Javalin, Focus etc. Companies like Bookatrack who operate a maximum of 50-60 cars are approx £100 more and its clear from the POLL no one wants to pay extra.

Just hope for a lack of red flags and some people going home in the afternoon and things aint too bad. The one I did this weekend went well, that had 90 cars and in the morning you might queue for 10 minutes or so, but in the afternoon there was pretty much no queueing.

There was a lot of talent/race teams on track, so red flags were not to bad and did not effect my day, but if on this day there is more noobs or warriors binning it then of course red flags and queues could be longer.

Out of curiosity, do you guys use a spare set of alloys with more track based tyres for these track days? Or just stick to your daily usage tyres?
I'm cringing at the wear on the tyres from a full day of hard driving :O

Most people turn up with spare set with slicks fitted and drive to the track on wets/road tyres.

I just turn up with my daily wheels/tyres as the 911 is not a track prepared car, its my daily driven car.

P.S. - CONFIRMED IT IS 110% OPEN PIT LANE!!!! :D :D :D :) :) :)

Hi there

Anyone unsure of the lines, watch this guy, uses very similar lines to myself, just a lot more curb and way way faster. :D

Aye Gibbo, mine is my daily driver... still makes me cringe a little though. ;)

Yep it is why I drive my car at approx 90% as I don't want to risk throwing it off the track, don't want any dints in the car or my pride. ;)

It is why I've considered maybe buying an older 3 series BMW of somekind like Clarkies to convert into a full track car, as then I can drive that at 110% and if I fly of track and ruin the paintwork I am not fussed, just my pride that will be dinted which I can get over. :)

doningtoncircuit.jpg

national circuit is dark grey
GP circuit includes melbourne hairpin [the greyed out bit]

Kosta you will absolutely love the hairpin, I even get the 911 sideways through there simply because its such a low speed corner, loads of room and safe to do so. :)

Am I putting your name down?

I would like to go please!

Anyone going to be staying at a local hotel due to distance?

Also I would like an instructor if possible please.

Excellent, pax lap please. :D

Instructors available on the day and I'd be more than happy to pass on some pointers to you from the advice others have given me. Just hope your not too loud!

Screw it, put me down. I'll make sure the car is back in one piece by then! Have always wanted to do Donny and the lure of the GP layout has twisted my arm!

No problem but for some reason is your car not like stupid loud? This is a 98Db day, if your aware of that then of course I shall put you on the list. :)

I wouldn't count on too much hairpin skidding, last time I was there I got blacked for drifting and told in no uncertain terms that I would be sent home if seen doing it again.

GP layout is not really in favour with me. I suffer with overheating brakes enough without adding two more heavy braking zones per lap :/

Get some make shift ducting made up, or uprate your fluid/pads to a higher temperature combo. :)

I took a 525i SE around years ago on just yellow stuff pads and RBF600 and never once experienced fade. OK it was nowhere near the pace of your car, but was far heavier (1650kg), but still you should be able to sort the brakes to not overheat.

It's fairly loud, got measured as 100.5dB static at about 5k rpm, but Bedford is much stricter than Donington. Their drive-by was 87.5 and I hit 87.8 :( Hoping that 98 drive-by should be doable. If I'm not mistaken, don't Donington only have the one measuring point for this as well, along the pit straight? I could be wrong... I can always short-shift along the straight :p

I may even have some baffles by then which will help of course. I'm willing to risk it :D

You shall be fine, I think for fail the Donny drive-by you need to be around 106-108dB static.

I shall get you on the list. :)

Not watched the video yet, but I can tell you I've done 115 (GPS) through craners, in a sheddy old BMW. I'd be disappointed at only going 1mph faster in a GT3RS.

If you were going that fast through craners, you should have been blitzing pass me as I only sit at approx 100-104mph through craners and 108mph being my fastest through there. I do play it safe through there on purpose though as if it goes wrong there, its very messy. :(
In the CSL on PS2's I was quite happy to go through there at 110-112mph, it just felt safe and happy to do so, in the 911 Craners seems to really amplify that anchor out back.

Well I've been told 130mph is good through there but I also know 1.17 is quick in a road car when not going full chat so go figure.

Think when I was with Elliot when he was in his CSL on cups, he was hitting upto 125ish down through craners, no idea on Elliots lap time though, think CSL's on cups are in the 1:18-1:20 region when driven well. :)

Think the 997.1 GT3 RS has being timed at around 1:15 and obviously a gen2 shall be a bit quicker again.

All the above is not slicks of course, putting slicks on would improve times quite a bit.

Well it's Sean Edwards driving and its obvious he is well off maximum attack but consistent lines of a pro and very easy style, which is why I shared really. Those are the lines you want to be taking in a 911 if he's taking em :D

Watched it, his lines seem very similar to what Marcus showed me and can be seen from my videos, just my car is slower. Still watching the video think I can make some minor adjustments to improve further. :)

Back
Top Bottom