OcUKGraphics Comp - Season One: Round Seven - "Utopia" DISCUSSION

Soldato
This competition is open to everyone who wishes to enter.

Theme: Utopia

Chosen by: Randomtom

Closing date: 8:30 PM Sunday 1st October 2006

Please post all entries for the current competition in the ENTRIES thread and keep discussions in this thread.
DO NOT post any entries in this thread!

Judges: Messiah Khan and Randomtom.

RULES

Rules must be followed. Failure to follow one or more rules will result in disqualification from the current round.

1. One image per entrant (may be a montage).
2. If a montage is entered, all aspects in the image will be judged on their relevance to each other as well as the theme.
3. Images must be posted in or linked to this thread for consideration.
4. Images must be 800pixels * 600pixels.
5. Images may have an optional border.
6. Images that have been commented on previously by any of the judges will not be considered.
7. Images must be available for viewing in this thread until the competition winner has been announced.
8. Images must be your own work unless posting on behalf of someone else. If this is the case it should be stated in your post.
9. Artists retain full copyright to their entries, so you must contact them before using their entries.
10. The winner of each round will choose the theme for the next round and should participate as a judge. If the winner is not available to judge the next round he or she can nominate a judge.
11. The winner of a round can not enter the following round.
12. The theme chosen should not be one used previously in this season.
13. The theme can stipulate a stock image and/or slogan to be used, but does not have to.
14. The Judges may not discuss or submit their interpretation of the theme until the competition winner has been announced.
15. The Judges may or may not notify disqualified photoshoppers before the deadline. The Judges decisions are final.
16. The individual challenge wins are added up to create a season champion. Seasons consist of 9 weekly challenges.
17. Any season tie breaks are decided by a 1 day mini challenge.
18. The work must be of your own making. Stock photography is acceptible, as is a limited amount of 'artwork' as long as it is modified sufficiently. If in doubt about what consitutes acceptible, then ask a judge before the deadline or reference the source in the entries thread.

RECOMMENDATIONS

The following are the criteria that the judges will use to mark the entries; -

1. Technical ( 1 - 10 )
• + Multiple Photoshop techniques used in conjunction well
• + Consistant Lighting/Saturation/Contrast throughout the work.
• + Good use of own and stock artwork.
• + Appreciation for Rule of Thirds, Golden Mean and other photographic rules.
• - Overuse of stock artwork
• - Inconsistant Lighting/Saturation/Contrast.
• - Visible lack of effort.
• - Cliched techniques.

2.Theme Relevance ( 1 - 10 )
• + Good interpretation of the theme
• + Originality
• / Your image should represent the theme without further commentary.

3. Impact ( 1 - 10 )
• + WOW Factor!
• + Overall ambience of the image.

Soldato
OP
And were off again. If anyone knows anyone who might be interested in this challenge, then please try and get them to join. We really need to increase the amount of people entering this week.

And to help you all along;

Utopia
n 1: a book by Sir Thomas More (1516) describing the perfect
society on an imaginary island [syn: Utopia, New
Latin Utopia]
2: an imaginary place considered to be perfect or ideal [syn: Utopia,
Zion, Sion]
3: ideally perfect state; especially in its social and
political and moral aspects [ant: dystopia]

Soldato
uh-oh, looks like this has died down to a halt. I think the problem is that people just want to modify stock images, I know I find that I do, and that's not really graphics, I think we should get a 'Phunny Photoshop' competition going with stock images and then keep adding to them or something, even if its only an intermission from the original comp.

We need some flare back. :)

Man of Honour
sinkingshipln6.jpg

R.I.P

:( :D

Man of Honour
RandomTom said:
uh-oh, looks like this has died down to a halt. I think the problem is that people just want to modify stock images, I know I find that I do, and that's not really graphics, I think we should get a 'Phunny Photoshop' competition going with stock images and then keep adding to them or something, even if its only an intermission from the original comp.

We need some flare back. :)

Good idea.

I'll back it, post your idea / suggestion here.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom