Ocul sent me a laptop with zero box/protection

Associate
They sent me the hp omen 17, i feel it should have been in a box but it was just the laptop box with the picture on it and a delivery label. Its got to be returned because the graphics or the screen doesnt work (seperate problem) and i was looking at the return post requirements and they want me to box up the box in a different box to protect it.
Normaly a loyal ocuk fan but i dont like this at all

Associate
My guess would be they know who is delivering the laptop when they send it out the first time, so they likely trust the delivery company to get it to you in just the laptop box. If it is damaged in transit... well they have more clout with the delivery company than we do and can have the cost of replacement covered. When you send it back they have no way of controlling who you send it back with so they want that extra packaging to lessen any risk of damage during its return.

Personally I think they should send it out as they would expect to have it returned to them, but that's not how it works. Got to keep their delivery costs down with smaller boxes I guess!

Back
Top Bottom