Oculus funded game ‘Defector’

Associate
Consider me intrigued.

Wilson's Heart was, though a little limited through its movement mechanics, an enjoyable experience.

Let's hope they apply what they've learned and improve with this one.

Soldato
The attention to detail in Wilson's Heart is incredible - for example, when you move your fingers you can see the associated tendons on the hands moving. Though the limited nature of the interactions in the game (being automatically presented with the right object from your inventory to solve puzzles, the fixed node teleport system) take a bit away from the experience, it's a very enjoyable game, and of a reasonable length.

Defector looks great, I really hope they can pull it off.

Associate
It'll be interesting to see how they handle the large variety of settings (on foot, in car, sky diving)
both in terms of controls and techniques to avoid motion sickness

Associate
great trailer, this is certainly looking like an ambitious game in terms of locomotion (sat in car, falling across the sky, being on foot etc), situations and theme

Soldato
I find it confusing how people can hate occulus when they are one of the only vr headset manufacturers trying to push forward the gaming part.

Soldato
I am not even convinced this "oculus walled garden" thing is even true.
Who wins if vive users can't buy on oculus store and have to buy on steam? It ain't oculus that is for sure.. and valve are no angels they sit on their assessment taking their 30% cut and do little for vr.
Christ portal 2 is crying out for a full vr port but that means valve actually developing something of their own!.

Soldato
Valve seem to have given up on game making. They even released one of their half finished products for free a few years back (Alien Swarm).

I don't think we will ever see Half-Life 3 from them.

Soldato
Yeah honestly at this point I much more prefer oculus who are trying to expand the vr market than htc who just want to cash in and overprice every small technological advancement

Back
Top Bottom