Oculus has killed my system.

Associate
So I noticed that after a recent oculus update, my pc wouldn't boot windows 10. It tried to auto repair but failed I was able to do a system restore and all seemed good. I didnt run oculus for a few days but all was fine with other usage including some non vr gaming.

When I next run oculus the app stated there was a dash fatal error. I updated the app again and the same thing happened. Had to do another system restore. So did a bit more testing and this definitely seemed to happen when I updated the app.

So one final test before the next step to reinstall the app and now my pc wont even get to the windows boot screen. It starts and turns off a few times and then loads up the gigabyte bios front screen but I am unable to get it to respond at all. The only thing that seems to do anything is hitting ctrl alt delete which resets the screen.

I'm out of ideas now. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

Soldato
I take it you have unplugged any related devices from USB ports etc when trying to boot?

Can you get into windows recovery mode?

What bits do you have in your pc - and are your driver's reasonably recent?

Associate
OP
I have unplugged the rift and sensors only other usb plugged in is keyboard and mouse.

Drivers are reasonably up to date as upgraded from 7 to 10 at the end of last year.

PC has a creative sound card, inatec usb3 card and gfx card (1070)

Back
Top Bottom