Oculus Library on Vive ?

Soldato
So I'm going to be getting the HTC Vive Cosmos next month when it comes out, Swapping over from a Rift CV1 but was wondering if there's a way to play my Oculus library on the Vive ?

Associate
Revive, but I have never used it so I can’t say how good it is.

I must say the Cosmos looks tempting.. I love the modular approach by HTC, nice resolution, 6 camera inside out tracking, support for 1.0 and 2.0 lighthouses, Index controller support, and they have done away with those god awful Vive Wands, and most of all, it can use the wireless adapter.

Stick rocking my CV1, but I use the Quest far more now

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies all, Ended up getting the Rift S as the spec difference between it and the Cosmos didn't really seem that big compared to the £300 price difference.
Loving the difference from the CV1 though, Visuals are massively improved and I haven't seen any god rays or screen door effect, Very impressed !

Soldato
Have you tried any bow and arrow games such as in death or pool games such as sports Bar VR?

I am interested to know how they play, specifically if you can play naturally or have to accommodate the tracking at all. The riftS is likely out for me anyway as i have an IPD of 69.... but it would be nice to be confident that the games i like to play work properly (those i mentioned didnt at launch but the riftS has had some tracking improvements since launch specifically for when the controllers are up close to the sensors)

Soldato
OP
Have you tried any bow and arrow games such as in death or pool games such as sports Bar VR?

I am interested to know how they play, specifically if you can play naturally or have to accommodate the tracking at all. The riftS is likely out for me anyway as i have an IPD of 69.... but it would be nice to be confident that the games i like to play work properly (those i mentioned didnt at launch but the riftS has had some tracking improvements since launch specifically for when the controllers are up close to the sensors)

I tried things like Robo Recall etc...I'm returning the Rift S due to motion sickness, I thought I could power through it but nope, Not worth it, I think this is down to the lowered 80Hz refresh rate as I don't get it at all on the CV1, Shame as the picture quality is fantastic but the motion sickness is horrendous.

Soldato
One thing with HTC as I remeber with the Vive is that their customer service is down right awful.

If you do go with the Cosmos just hope it doesnt develop issues.

Soldato
OP
One thing with HTC as I remeber with the Vive is that their customer service is down right awful.

If you do go with the Cosmos just hope it doesnt develop issues.

After I return the S I think I'm going to wait a while, The CV1 had a terrible picture but didn't give me motion sickness, The S has a great picture but gives me terrible motion sickness due to the lower refresh rate, And I don't feel like dealing with bad customer support so I may end up just waiting a while to see what comes out next.

Soldato
That is a real shame...... I guess everyone has different susceptibility.... Assuming the initial data from oculus was correct when picking 90hz 90hz was meant to be ok for i think it was between 90-95% of people and they felt that 120hz would be the refresh needed to not give vr sickness to anybody (related to tracking - there are multiple reasons for vr sickness and tracking is only 1).

it stands to reason that (no matter what oculus are trying to say now that their headset is only 80hz) that some people would fall between the cracks who were ok with 90 but felt ill at 80.

I think i would be ok with it however.... i managed just fine sickness wise with my rift DK2 which was only 75hz. (at 60hz i found it awful however)

Back
Top Bottom