Oculus Rift - Audio Issues

Soldato
As some of you may have read that I'm a proud owner of the Oculus Rift.

It's setup and working but for one thing, it won't revert back to PC speakers after I have stopped using it.

I close the Oculus app and even exit the OculusTrayTool but sound still comes through the Oculus headphones. I have tried googling but most of the results are coming back with 'audio mirroring'.

Any help would be much appreciated

Soldato
OP
The default device = Headphones (Rift Audio).

Does that mean I need to go to Control Panel and choose my speakers everytime I want to use my PC in normal mode with speakers ?

EDIT: just noticed that my Speakers are also the default device but I'm definitely not mirroring or want mirroring

Soldato
I close the Oculus app and even exit the OculusTrayTool but sound still comes through the Oculus headphones. I have tried googling but most of the results are coming back with 'audio mirroring'

Open the Oculus Tray Tool and select Tray Tool in the menu.

Tick the box beside "use Audio Switcher" And then click the configure button.

In the window that opens up, tick the two boxes with "set rift as" and then set your audio and microphone fallback to your normal speakers and microphone.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Open the Oculus Tray Tool and select Tray Tool in the menu.

Tick the box beside "use Audio Switcher" And then click the configure button.

In the window that opens up, tick the two boxes with "set rift as" and then set your audio and microphone fallback to your normal speakers and microphone.

That's worked a treat, thanks

Back
Top Bottom