Oculus Rift

Soldato
Bit to steep for me personally. I'll wait until they are released and what content and reviews are like. Odd really because I didn't think twice when I did the Kickstarter at 300quid or whatever it was but £530 just seems a bit high dunno why lol

Have we got good news for you...

Don
Ordered :) I actively avoided the initial period but now with a May delivery date, I have two months after the first batches are delivered to work out whether I cancel or not :)

Associate
Yeah look at all these people spending their own money on something they want. idiots right.. why are you in this thread? :confused::D:D

I was a dk2 user very interested in possibly buying it?

You dont need to get offended! It is merely fact that it is ridiculously overpriced considering the variables. You can look at it rationally and agree whilst still buying it without getting defensive!

1) It is a consumer version which is almost double the price of the dk1/dk2 (developer kits tend to cost more as it is).

2) This was before the big FB buyout.. injecting the funds to mass produce /gain economies of scale/subsidise for the sake of future gains in the VR industry should make it even cheaper.

3) It now has closely creeping competition compared to dk1/dk2

People pre-ordering and even entertaining them with justification of that sort of price is just annoying for us/anyone who want to enjoy VR whilst not getting screwed!

Soldato
I have pre-ordered and got May 2016. At least no money comes out so if I decide to buy one sooner if someone sells theirs or there are bad reviews all is good.

But £529, that's a damned lot considering DK2 was 'only' £280. I can't see it being twice as good

Soldato
I have pre-ordered and got May 2016. At least no money comes out so if I decide to buy one sooner if someone sells theirs or there are bad reviews all is good.

But £529, that's a damned lot considering DK2 was 'only' £280. I can't see it being twice as good

yeah looking at the AMA at 6pm PST as filling in some of the gaps. Im not quite sure that the improvements are double the DK2 so I am also looking at Vive pricing before I make a decision. Not sure when mine will ship!

Associate
Id rather have none of this and it be £300

Also, $600 works out at £410, plus VAT that's £492. I would have preferred to pay in USD thanks!

no one will get one for $600 though. They will have sales tax and whatever else on top of that. It's never quite as simple as the exchange rate.

Associate
This is a tweet yesterday from Palmer Luckey:

"People ask about Touch+Rift discount - Everyone with Touch needs a Rift, consider discount built into price of the subsidized Rift hardware."

I still dont understand what on earth has been subsidised when it is DOUBLE the price of a dk2

Back
Top Bottom