Odd Parts Selection

Associate
A few weeks ago I asked for a spec for a system without a GPU, well long story short now is the time to add a GPU.

I have roughly £250 to spend on the GPU so was wondering what you guys would suggest for that sort of money now that the AMD 3xx series has been released.

Now for the 'odd' part, I'd also like a new CPU cooler and some new case fans as I plan to overclock both the CPU and GPU. What case fans would you suggest? I have a Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Would you suggest an AIO liquid cooler?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Andreas

P.S I have a EVGA GS 550W Supernova Power supply.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have a Gigabyte Z97X-SLI and normal height ram, it's Teamgroup Vuclan Red 2400 Mhz.

That AIO from corsair looks nice but I'm not a fan of the LED fans I'm afraid (pun slightly intended) :D

What do you think of a 390? Those 8GB of VRAM seems like a good idea or am I being stupid?

Probably should point out that I plan to run only one 1080p monitor.

Caporegime
I have a Gigabyte Z97X-SLI and normal height ram, it's Teamgroup Vuclan Red 2400 Mhz.

That AIO from corsair looks nice but I'm not a fan of the LED fans I'm afraid (pun slightly intended) :D

What do you think of a 390? Those 8GB of VRAM seems like a good idea or am I being stupid?

Probably should point out that I plan to run only one 1080p monitor.

The 390/390X is ok, just a refreshed 290/290X, or the GTX970 again is fine.

As for cooler,

YOUR BASKET
1 x Alpenföhn Matterhorn Black CPU Cooler £39.95
1 x ACX EVGA CPU cooler, Black - 120 mm £39.95
1 x Raijintek Themis Evo Professional CPU Cooler £27.95
1 x Raijintek Themis Direct Contact CPU Cooler £19.99
Total : £137.44 (includes shipping : £8.00 Ex.VAT).

The will do a 4-4.5Ghz overclock if an AIO isnt to your liking.

You dont need to add any more case fans for overclocking, it comes with enough as it is.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all your help guys I'll definitely consider replacing the 200mm front fan and the 970 sounds good.

All questions answered, thanks again,

Andreas

Back
Top Bottom