Odyssey Neo G8 - 4K 240 Hz 32" Quantum Mini LED

Associate
This is a 32-inch display with the world's first 4K 240Hz panel. It also features a 1000R curvature and Quantum Mini LED backlighting.

The mini LED backlighting system uses units that are 1/40th the size of conventional LED units. With Samsung's Quantum Matrix and Quantum HDR 2000 technologies, the display can achieve up to 2000 nits of peak brightness in HDR content with 4096 step backlight adjustment.

The monitor also supports dual HDMI 2.1 ports and a single DisplayPort 1.4 connection. The Auto Source Switch+ feature will automatically change sources when a connected device is powered on. The CoreSync feature adjusts the RGB lighting on the back of the monitor to match the contents of the screen.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_an..._worlds_first_4k_240hz_monitor-news-52506.php

Associate
About bloody time. Seems to be the one we are waiting for. Since going OLED all LCD's so far are disgusting ..LOL!
This may have the potention to be great. If not live up to it, I will just get a C2 42 inch for my desktop!

Associate
OP
It will be interesting to see if they can get the refresh rate that high at 4K without having to drop down chroma sub-sampling. My PG32 can run 4K/144 Hz with 12-bit color using Display Stream Compression (DSC). That may be enough to run 4K/240 Hz at something like 8-bit color using DCS.

Soldato
Sounds like trash and here is why

* Crappy VA panel

* 1000R curve that no one wants

* Will never hit advertised fake 2000 nits HDR, won't even do half that

* No DisplayPort 2.0, enjoy compression or having to combine two HDMI 2.1 ports into one image output

* Samsungs famous quality control means you'll be lucky to get a panel that works without any issue

Even if you are a Samsung fanboy and can overlook the terrible quality control, there is no reason to buy this when Samsung will also be selling 34 inch QD-OLED gaming monitors in the 2nd half of 2022

Associate
OP
Sounds like trash and here is why

* Crappy VA panel

* 1000R curve that no one wants

* Will never hit advertised fake 2000 nits HDR, won't even do half that

* No DisplayPort 2.0, enjoy compression or having to combine two HDMI 2.1 ports into one image output

* Samsungs famous quality control means you'll be lucky to get a panel that works without any issue

Even if you are a Samsung fanboy and can overlook the terrible quality control, there is no reason to buy this when Samsung will also be selling 34 inch QD-OLED gaming monitors in the 2nd half of 2022

Just some of my thoughts in reply:

1. Samsung Ultra-Fast VA's are some of the best/fastest gaming panels out there. IE: the G7 is Hardware Unboxed top gaming 1440p monitor, also being the fastest 1440p monitor they've tested.

2. I want it.

3. It could be a pipe dream like 2000 nits was on the Neo G9, but we'll have to see.

4. HDMI 2.1 with DSC can transmit the full 4K/240Hz.

5. Hopefully they do great packaging on this model, as I received two cracked screen Neo G9's during shipping. Although; my G7 was pretty great besides some visible scan lines.

I am also looking forward to CES and what that 34" QD-OLED monitor is, but basically right now hardly any information and no guarantee it's something you'd cross-shop with the G8. As of right now, 4K at 240 Hz on the G8 is the new halo product.

Back
Top Bottom