Offer on car

Permabanned
Iv been offered £3800 for my Zetec S, now i bought it a year ago for £3900, but iv also given it a major service and touched it up a little, bought it back to its former glory :p (huge over statement)

the Question now is, what could i get instead of it, for say £4k, pretty quickly (within say, 3 weeks of selling) that isnt guna cost me more than £1k (could stretch a tiny bit, but this is an issue and the killer problem) a year to insure (19, allmost 20, 1 years NCB, driving since 17) If you guys cant come up with something, which im having a hard time doing so, that isnt more fun/faster/cooler/sexy/comfy (any or all of the above) then obv im not guna sell,

i dont think age or mileage is an issue if i can be convinced there reliable + cheap to have work done on (thanks to Fox's slating of people who do cry about 10K+ miles or buying new etc etc)

so, any idea's?

Soldato
Will, go off to Diamond and try an MX-5 quote. I was shocked when I did the same.

I did it on a UK 1.6SE.

Let me know what it comes back as. (Oh put your mum and dad on as named drivers!)

EDIT - This is for sale on MX-5 Owners Club:

1996 P Reg. British Racing Green. 1.6litre. 46,000 miles. MOT and Tax to September. Tan roof. Recent cambelt change. Full service history. Good condition. Reason for sale - just bought a Mk2.
£3,500 ono

Permabanned
OP
Yea, iv looked at MX5's, insurance on them is around 1200, which i suppose is do able,ill have a nose around. got quote of 1400 from diamond :/
Quick quotes on elephant see insurance at 2k on a 200SX, 1600 for a VTS, and only 1000 for my Zetec S renewal.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Xsara VTS. Ok, its Group 16, but you'd get one the same age as your Zetec-S for under £3k.

Or you could buy another Zetec-S - a Mondeo Zetec-S :p

Permabanned
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Xsara VTS. Ok, its Group 16, but you'd get one the same age as your Zetec-S for under £3k.

Or you could buy another Zetec-S - a Mondeo Zetec-S :p

Xsara VTS - id love one, quick insurance quote from elephant £2470.65 :(
thats useing the same details that got me a quote of 1000 for the Zetec S

Associate
What about a 2.0 megane coupe? Definately insurable at your age and 50hp more than the zetec.. bit hair dresser, but to be honest a fiesta is a bit old lady..

Soldato
djbenjo said:
for £4k? :confused:

there are a few half decent ones on the trader for 5k and under.....I never thought they would have depreciated so much. Ive never driven one, but I am compelled to look into it further, could be an interesting option Will.

Permabanned
OP
Scottland said:
Complete wildcard here (I just came accross one when looking for something else), how about a Volvo C70?
heh, intresting to say the least, ill have a gander, atm its not looking good tbh, insurance is a killer as im a student living away from home, so this first few years of quotes are shocking :(

Back
Top Bottom