Office Chair vs. Gaming Chair

Last edited:
Associate
Just to offer a contradictory opinion, I have two Noble Hero chairs, one in my office, one in my radio shack and they're both great, very comfortable and easy to sit on for hours at a time. So much more comfortable than the Markus I had before.
Using a Noble hero here, never regretted.
Chairs, except the very nasty stuff, is a very particular choice/taste.
For me, the firm Hero properly sorted the back pain I was having using other chairs, but I must say that I never tried the proper office chairs either.
For someone who spends more time working rather than gaming, the posture required would favour a proper office chair, I guess.
But my use, except when commenting on something here, is either watching series or playing, then the Hero works perfectly for me, may not for all, but for me does.
Quality seems to be fine.
Tried half of the price from Amazon and the seat cushion flattened within a week.

Don
Get a decent ergonomically measured chair. Like an RH extend 220 a Throna, Recarro 24hr, or similar. Plenty of adjustments and quality. Expect to pay between 750 and 1500 quid. Your going to spend a lot if time in it. I've got 2 of these they are great. Probably going for thr recarro next. https://www.posturite.co.uk/rh-extend-220-high-independent-back-ergonomic-office-chair.html

So the opinion above is that gaming chairs only cost $100 to make and are sold with a huge markup, how are these any different?
You can't tell me that that chair cost anywhere near to £950 to make? Even if it's the best engineered chair in the world it's probably around £300-£400? The rest is markup

Soldato
So the opinion above is that gaming chairs only cost $100 to make and are sold with a huge markup, how are these any different?
You can't tell me that that chair cost anywhere near to £950 to make? Even if it's the best engineered chair in the world it's probably around £300-£400? The rest is markup

Because you're typically paying for warranty, as that chair will end up needing some TLC eventually which will likely be done for free.

Soldato
You're also paying for the chair to be built and delivered. Although it says it's free.

All the extras are factored into the price. You don't get anything for free.

Gaming chairs are just a gimmick

Associate
Have to admit, office chairs once you get used to them correcting your posture are probably the best. I opted for a heavy duty operator chair rated for 24hr use.. my butt and back thank me

Associate
So basically gaming chairs need to raise quality, lower their markup (to reflect what you are actually getting) and offer some real feature benefits to gamers.... Didn't I say that years ago on this very forum

Associate
I have to add that I am loving my Noble Hero, the base might be to firm for some people but for me its comfy.

Associate

"gaming chair" its a gimmick , with chairs i feel you really do get what you pay for. better material, better foam, better upholstery, better adjustments. better guarantee, there is a reason Recaros had a good rep for so many years in top vehicles. chairs that are rated for 24hr operator use and are well engineered are going to be better than a 200-300 pound "gaming chair" (with caveats ofc) most people would be better with a good car seat than a so called gaming chair. ofc there are good ones out there for some people, but just because its called a gaming chair.. dont fall for it. but a proper "measured " office chair with the right adjustments for yourself you wont regret.

its worth reading up on. people spend thousands on setups but skimp on chairs they sit in for hours and hours .. everyone's body shape and needs are different, get something that suits you if you are comfy for extended periods ok, but in years to come a your body wont forgive you a bad chair, like ill fitting shoes,

Man of Honour
I've had my Noble Epic Gaming chair since February 2019. I started suffering with sciatica around a year later and I still have problems now. The more reviews I watch and the more I read up on it I really don't think my chair is helping. I'm not blaming it for sciatica, but I don't think I can discount it. Sitting on it now and thinking about it, it's extremely firm and the bucket back on it doesn't help with shoulder posture. So I'm on the lookout for something, I might spend the money on the Herman Miller Aeron but I'm concerned by the plastic front to it as I sometimes like to sit with one leg up on the chair.

Soldato
I've had my Noble Epic Gaming chair since February 2019. I started suffering with sciatica around a year later and I still have problems now. The more reviews I watch and the more I read up on it I really don't think my chair is helping. I'm not blaming it for sciatica, but I don't think I can discount it. Sitting on it now and thinking about it, it's extremely firm and the bucket back on it doesn't help with shoulder posture. So I'm on the lookout for something, I might spend the money on the Herman Miller Aeron but I'm concerned by the plastic front to it as I sometimes like to sit with one leg up on the chair.

The plastic at the front is pretty solid to be honest. Although I'd look at getting a Embody if you sit with one leg up.

Man of Honour
My discount only works on stock sold by Herman Miller direct, not their gaming site. And the Embody only comes in gaming form or available from resellers sadly.

Back
Top Bottom