Poll: Official 2023 Dutch Grand Prix Thread - Circuit Zandvoort - Round 14

Rate the Dutch race

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
It's interesting reading some of the articles over the break about how the cost cap is impacting upgrades. Basically meaning instead of brining out every upgrade as it's made, rolling a number of incremental upgrades in to one. Which is why we're seeing side wide variances in performance such as McLaren jumping up the pecking order. Under the old system, they would have crept up the grid instead of one big jump. So maybe not beyond the realms of possibility a team makes that jump to match Red Bull towards the end of the season as the caps on Red Bull's development start to have an impact.

Though I still find it hard to think it will happen as often Max is cruising to 20-30 second victory so we don't really know how fast that Red Bull can go (obviously we know in quali but race pace is different)

rP4CZZe.png

Caporegime
Ricciardo and Piastri in the wall. Red flag.

Piastri spun and went into the wall. Dani just seemed to be like "okay, guess I crash too". Weird.

Watching those Marshals walk up the banking really brings home how steep it really is.

Last edited:
Associate
Looked a painful one for Ricciardo, hope he’s good for the race. Didn’t look like he had many options unfortunately.

Wonder if they have the audacity to call de vries if he isn’t fit to race

Last edited:
Associate
Thats Danny Ricc out and Liam Lawson in.

Good luck to the guy, I couldn't have seen Helmut Marko putting Nyck back in the car. Despite him still being technically contracted to Red Bull, him being there at Zandvoort, having experience in the latest F1 car and it being a home race for him.

Hopefully it's just a minor injury, but with Monza next week too it could be another race missed.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Looked a painful one for Ricciardo, hope he’s good for the race. Didn’t look like he had many options unfortunately.

Sympathies to him for his injury, obviously, but I'm confused by your "didn't have many options"? All he had to do was drive on the track after slowing for yellows, instead he bizarrely panicked and ditched it in the barrier.

Interested to see how Lawson does. Rough position but feels make or break; I don't think RB have much confidence in him so he'll need to impress.

Last edited:
Associate
Sympathies to him for his injury, obviously, but I'm confused by your "didn't have many options"? All he had to do was drive on the track after slowing for yellows, instead he bizarrely panicked and ditched it in the barrier.

Interested to see how Lawson does. Rough position but feels make or break; I don't think RB have much confidence in him so he'll need to impress.
Maybe I misjudged it, but I saw an onboard and it looked like by the time he reacted to the situation, he had no option but to brake mid-corner to avoid a possible collision with piastri

Associate
Actually forgot this was on. Dire track and we know who's won already so my interest has faded. We can only pray Lando pulls off a miracle or it'll be a proper 1/10 race.

Not a dire track at all, it's F1 that is dire. Seen plenty of entertaining races here in other series. The two banked corners give it genuine character relative to most tracks.

Last edited:
Associate
Well, yes, but also: he had business being in that situation. Piastri was completely off track and off line.

That's the clip I judged it on. Would say Pitasri is on or very close to the line he's taking(he doesn't know if he is rolling back or not either)

However, I must say it does look like he didn't see him till very late, which I suppose you could blame him for

Soldato
Not a dire track at all, it's F1 that is dire. Seen plenty of entertaining races here in other series. The two banked corners give it genuine character relative to most tracks.
F1 could do a lot more to improve overtaking, however this really is a dire track. Other race series, which are usually entertaining, have dull 'follow the leader' races here too because it's just simply not wide enough to be conducive to good racing.

Banked corners, along with night races, are a gimmick which do nothing to improve the racing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom