Poll: Official 2024 Austrian Grand Prix Race Thread - Red Bull Ring, Spielberg - Race 11/24

Rate the Austrian race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the result.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Man of Honour

Title.png

Spielberg's Racing Extravaganza
When did Spielberg become the speedster's paradise? Well, the original Osterreichring, a beast of a track, was born in 1969, replacing the Zeltweg airfield circuit. Fast forward to the winter of 1995-6, and Hermann Tilke, the racetrack wizard, waved his magic wand to transform the Osterreichring into what we now know as the Red Bull Ring—a shorter, snazzier version of its former self.

First Grand Prix shenanigans? The A1-Ring threw open its gates in 1996, and Formula 1 cars graced its asphalt a year later. Jacques Villeneuve snagged the win, but the real showstopper was Jean Alesi's acrobatic act when his Benetton decided to piggyback Eddie Irvine's Ferrari. Meanwhile, Gerhard Berger picked his home race to wave goodbye to his F1 career.

What's the track vibe? The Red Bull Ring may be small, but oh boy, does it have spirit! The first act is all about power, with cars zooming along straights and muscling up right-handers. Then, hold onto your hats, because it's a downhill thrill ride, with cars zipping through quick turns, including the heart-racing Rindt corner, tipping the hat to Austria's F1 hero.

Why should you go? Imagine a racetrack nestled like a gem in the Styrian mountains—that's the Red Bull Ring for you. It's a slice of Grand Prix heaven, and when you're done with the high-octane action, why not trot over to Graz and explore the Arnold Schwarzenegger museum? Yes, you heard that right.

Best seat in the house? Plant yourself in the 'Nord' grandstand, the prime spot where the old Bosch Kurve used to thrill fans. It's like having a bird's-eye view of a mechanical ballet, with the track unfolding below in a symphony of speed and skill.

Austrian Grand Prix - Schedule Information & TV Broadcast Times

image.png

F2-Schedule.png

F3-Schedule.png

Channel 4 Highlights - Broadcast Times

Friday 28th June - Austrian GP Sprint Qualifying Highlights - 20:00
Saturday 29th June - Austrian GP Sprint Race & Qualifying Highlights - 18:30
Sunday 30th June - Austrian GP Race Highlights - 18:30

Weekend Weather Forecast (as at 27/06/2024)

Monaco-Weather.png

Track Diagram & Information

Monaco-Circuit.png

Previous Race Highlights

Championship Standings

ke95rrc1he1d1.png

Just a reminder, but consider it a warning - can we not have any further derogatory name calling of drivers, team bosses and the like. We don't expect you to like every driver/team, but at least keep comments respectful.

If you don't follow this warning, you will lose access to the race thread and the thread for the following race as well.
This includes but is not limited to such terms including Lulu, Crashstappen, Karen Horner, Whingey Spice etc.

Last edited:
Don
Soldato
Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Times updated; sorry - the FIA website lists the F1 session times in your "Local Time" which means I can just take the UK times off.

The F2/F3 sessions are listed in track time and because I was in Germany at the time I miscalculated the time offset!! Should all be ok now!

Soldato
Just been watching the GT4 qualifying for the Spa24 - why can't F1 have a timing tower like this, which shows all the sectors for each driver? It makes it so much easier to follow the session, understand who is where in the track, and who's going quick, regardless of what's on screen.

g85M1Lr.png

Also is it just me that hates that they show the useless 'outlap' text that completely covers the driver's laptime/gap? And also the split of laptime delta for those in the drop zone? It makes it so much more needlessly complicated and makes it actively more difficult to follow.

Last edited:
Soldato
unless the rain appears for race etc - this can be another snoozefest of a GP.... Track is too short for modern f1

Back
Top Bottom