Poll: Official 2024 Austrian Grand Prix Race Thread - Red Bull Ring, Spielberg - Race 11/24

Rate the Austrian race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the result.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soldato
Pit: "Copy, we are checking"
I thought that guy got fired? :p

I was half-watching. Seemed very run of the mill. I saw the hooligans had lit their orange flares already :rolleyes:

So is Max getting an engine penalty or what for the race? What happened in FP1 to it?

Soldato
Perez, Gasly and Ocon each went 0.4s, 0.5s and 0.9s slower in SQ3 than they did in SQ2.

So is Max getting an engine penalty or what for the race? What happened in FP1 to it?
Not much it seems. They turned it off and back on again. Most likely his car turned in to a BMW for a minute and had a sensor that threw a fit and stuck it in limp mode.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, have a minimum pit lane speed as well as a maximum.
No because that will force cars to drive slowly and stalling until the last minute on the track again like before. It is preferable and safer to find your position within the pit lane. I don't see why any rule should be changed just because one car had a technical issue..

Soldato
No because that will force cars to drive slowly and stalling until the last minute on the track again like before. It is preferable and safer to find your position within the pit lane. I don't see why any rule should be changed just because one car had a technical issue..
It’s not because of the technical issue Charles had, it’s because the cars stop in the pit lane deliberately.

Having a rule about that doesn’t stop the lap delta rule either, you can have both.

Soldato
It’s not because of the technical issue Charles had, it’s because the cars stop in the pit lane deliberately.

Having a rule about that doesn’t stop the lap delta rule either, you can have both.
That's along the lines of my thinking too. Need to have a lot less loopholes for drivers/teams to try and exploit.

Yeah I get that's a particular appeal of F1 but it makes everything look really stupid.

Back
Top Bottom