Poll: Official 2024 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya - Race 10/24

Rate the Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the poll result.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Man of Honour

Monaco-Header-Custom.jpg

Barcelona

When was the track built?

The Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya was built as part of the 1992 Barcelona Olympics development programme. The foundation stone was laid in 1989, while the first car race was a round of the 1991 Spanish Touring Car Championship.

When was its first Grand Prix?

Two weeks after the touring cars raced at Barcelona, it was Formula 1’s turn. The track enjoyed a sensational debut, with Nigel Mansell and Ayrton Senna’s famous eyeball-to-eyeball drag race down the straight, before Mansell took the lead and drove on to victory.

What’s the circuit like?

The drivers love the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, which is just as well, as they have traditionally spent huge amounts of time pounding around it during winter testing. The track is a good mix of high- and low-speed corners, with the challenging Turn 3 right-hander a great chance to evaluate the balance of the car your team’s designers have given you to fight with for the season.

Why go?

You don’t need us to tell you that Barcelona is one of the world’s great cities, even if we just sort of did. Food, culture, beaches – it’s all there, making a Spanish Grand Prix holiday a properly attractive proposition.

Where is the best place to watch?

You’ve got plenty of choice, with almost the whole track overlooked by grandstands or general admission areas. On the outside of Turn 1, Grandstand A will let you see the best overtaking spot on the track, while the general admission area around Turn 3 will provide the awe-inspiring sight of Formula 1 cars being pushed to the limit of their downforce capabilities.

Spanish Grand Prix - Schedule Information & TV Broadcast Times

image.png

F2-Schedule.png

F3-Schedule.png

Channel 4 Highlights - Broadcast Times

Saturday 22nd June - Spanish GP Qualifying Highlights - 18:30
Sunday 23rd June - Spanish GP Race Highlights - 18:30

Weekend Weather Forecast (as at 17/06/2024)

Monaco-Weather.png

Track Diagram & Information

Monaco-Circuit.png

Previous Race Highlights

Championship Standings

ke95rrc1he1d1.png

Just a reminder, but consider it a warning - can we not have any further derogatory name calling of drivers, team bosses and the like. We don't expect you to like every driver/team, but at least keep comments respectful.

If you don't follow this warning, you will lose access to the race thread and the thread for the following race as well.
This includes but is not limited to such terms including Lulu, Crashstappen, Karen Horner, Whingey Spice etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think with the red bulls not riding kerbs well this could have been a close race if the old tight chicane was still in use, as it's not I can see a return to the normal pecking order and gap between red bull and the rest of the pack

Soldato
I think with the red bulls not riding kerbs well this could have been a close race if the old tight chicane was still in use, as it's not I can see a return to the normal pecking order and gap between red bull and the rest of the pack
Quite, the Mclaren's, in theory, should go well, will be interesting to see if Mercedes have actually improved their cars or was it just down to the circuits. Will Ferrari bounce back?

Unfortunately though I have my daughter and granddaughter visiting this weekend so I don't know how much I'll be able to watch live. Friday should be OK but Saturday and Sunday probably not..

Associate
Hoping for a four team battle for the win. Reality is Max will win again but I have hope. Perez well the less said the better.

Caporegime
As much as I don't want to see perez at the middle/back for him.. For RBR taking away some excitement for next year (ie not. Signing someone with promise) I really hope they fall down the WCC order!

Caporegime
I'm planning to go to see this in the centre of the city tomorrow:

There is also a F1 fan village setup this week in Placa Catalunya. It's aimed at a younger crowd tbh, but worth popping in if you're in town for the GP.

rp2000

Soldato
Ahh my least favourite track of all time. Just so unbelievably boring.
Any track where they can't get away with sitting 5 hours off the pace, is now borderline decent, for me.
I've always liked it in games, and I always think it gets a worse reputation than it deserves. We have seen some decent overtakes here.

Please note, although "some" is italicized, it needs to be even more slanted than it is. :D

Soldato
Any track where they can't get away with sitting 5 hours off the pace, is now borderline decent, for me.
I've always liked it in games, and I always think it gets a worse reputation than it deserves. We have seen some decent overtakes here.
I've always liked driving this track in the F1 games; a lot of challenging corners to hook up in the same lap.

Soldato
I think this will just go back to the usual Max p1, one each of the McLaren and Ferraris splitting Perez who will have a good showing for once in p3-5. Then the other Ferraris and McLaren’s will fight out with the Mercs as usual, one of which will have a poor qualifying or incident and end up p9.

:p

Caporegime
The weather is really unpredictable in Barcelona last few days. I'm fully expecting any forecasts to be wrong and it will rain during the race!

Today it was supposed to rain 6am-10am on/off. Instead it persisted till 2pm!

Fingers crossed!

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom